Friday, September 21, 2007

September 21, 2007 another stunning day, hope I spelled that right. I had heard on the local channel here that today was just like a July day, and boy were they right. We left this morning and drove thru the National Park which was just beautiful. We made stops all along the way on the turnouts to take pictures. We stopped at "Bog" which was walking on a boardwalk seeing orchhids, insect-eating plants and moose. Never did see the moose. While on this drive we kept going in and out of the National Park, like we turned off and went to Wesley's Harbor. In the harbor I spotted 2 Bald Eagles and were just sitting on the jetty, amazing to see, check out the pictures when I get them posted. After the pictures we got back in the car and back to the park and made another stop at "Lone Shieling" which had a replica of a Scottish crofter's hut plus 350 year-old surgar maple trees, very pretty. Then we left the park again and drove to "Meat Cove" didn't find any meat there except the stuff we brought with us for lunch. We sat on the cliff's over looking the ocean at a picnic bench we paid $2.00 to sit at. The knats were very bad so Vicki and I sat in the car to eat what we had brought. When the wind picked up the knats went away, but only for a little while. I had on my binoculers but didn't see any whales, one of the ads say come to Meat Cove and see where the whales play or something like that, but no whales just like no moose.
Then we drove to Neils Harbor and I spotted another bald eagle, I can spot things when I'm not looking for them, so maybe if I stop hunting for moose and whales they might show up, we ended up with the eagle landing close to us and hopefully Dave got some great pictures.
When we got back and had taken the dogs for a walk we then went out to dinner to an Acadian Restaurant, good old fashion cooking. I had beef stew, Dave had cod and fries, Lee had stewed chicken and Vicki had meat pie, good food with the homey atmosphere.
Forgot to mention yesterday afternoon Dave and I went and hit golf balls at the driving range, Dave did really good, for him, I did OK. After that we all BBQ'd dinner then at about 9pm Dave and I went to the local talent show, but I guess they have no talented people in town because no one got up to entertain everyone that was there. Alot of people but the 3 man band just kept on playing.

No comments: