Wednesday, September 12, 2007

September 12, 2007 It rained a lot last night and I was killing bugs everytime I turned around. This morning it's overcast but pretty warm, I walked Valley around checking out more of the RV park and dodging the puddles.
One clue if you ever decide to get a motor home, invest a little more money and get the kind that you can level on airbags and not have to put down the electronic leveling system. We got up this morning and the nose of our coach is kind of tilted down towards the stream, so needless to say the front jack has sunk down into the ground, we thought we were on gravel pads, wrong, underneath the gravel, dirt. With all the rain that had been going on we just sunk, luckily, Dave was able to get the jack back up so I believe we will be leaving this campsite today, Lee and Vicki want out of here too.
Another clue,if you ever decide to vacation in Canada, which it is beautiful and lots to see, be prepared to spend lots of money. Taxes on everything, even grocery items, are like 14 to 18%. We bought 2 post cards for $1.00 and the stamps to mail them cost $1.04. The reason everything is so expensive is because of the medical, you know where everyone has medical and the government pays for it, like the Democrats want to do with the U.S. If that ever happens believe me we are all going to go broke. Of course they don't have any income tax so maybe everything will wash it self out, but I don't know.
OK, that's my bitch session for now.
Oh, one more thing, if we want Kim to mail us stuff, like from UPS, Fedex and have 3 day delivery it's only $97.00 so needless to say I'll have to wait and get my prescription refill until we get back to the U.S.

No comments: