Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Today we did the Fort Sumter tour, it was a 2 hour tour, a 2 hour tour. (get it) The weather didn't even get rough it was very calm and beautiful, high today I believe was 78 degrees. Back to shorts and tank tops, boy I really need to shave my legs. It was a 1/2 hour boat ride to the fort, 1 hour on the fort, then 1/2 hour back, and believe me that was plenty of time. Fort Sumter was the start of the Civil War, it fired the 1st shot on April 12, 1861, then it ended on February 17, 1865 that's when the Confederates evacuated. OK Enough History.
The fort was neat to see but pretty small, surprising they lasted that long. After that we drove to one of the plantations but no way were we going to pay $36.00 per person to have a tour, have seen enough history stuff and houses that we don't need to feed these places more money. Came back to the coach, I watched 2 out of 7 "Desperate Housewife's" shows I have recorded and Dave went to the driving range to hit golf balls, really was a nice day.

No comments: