Thursday, July 03, 2008

5 1/2 DAYS LEFT

It's after 6pm now so it's down to 5 1/2 days, also wanted to say "Happy Birthday Mom, Nana, Grandma, or Beth Tomaselli" what ever you called her while she was alive.

Today was cement pouring day, OMG!!! It turned out to be a lot more cement then Dave thought it would be, and he thanks Danny and I, very much, for all the help. Poor Danny, it was his late day of going into work so he was up at 7am waiting for Dave and I to show up with the cement, boy was he sorry. I just really thank God that he was there, if it had just been Dave and I, I don't believe we would have ever finished. Danny had to quit at 11am and Dave and I finally left at 2pm, and boy were we tired. I'll tell you, I'm going back to work this retired life sucks, what ever happened to taking it slow and relaxing??? We got back to the coach about 2:30 so I could take a shower, Dave took one at Kim's because he had a change of clothes there I didn't. Anyway, he dropped Valley and I off then went back to drop off the cement tools we had rented, rent a movie, return a Wii game, go to the bank, then get the car washed. He got back to the coach at 4pm, I had put out some salami, cheese and crackers, since we hadn't had lunch (Kim doesn't feed us, all though she did bring us water once while we were working, :) just kidding Kim) we had some snacks then promptly fell asleep. We both woke up 15 min. later and both complained that ever part of our bodies hurt. Dave hurt more then me that's for sure, he and Danny did a lot harder work then I did, hope Danny is feeling OK.

The 1st part of the week was Kim and I doing a deep cleaning of the house again, it is a never ending story. Hopefully with this new cement we poured and the new lawn, in the back, it will cut down on the dirt the dog/dogs track in. Kim is finishing up her scrap booking so on Monday we can clean the living room and her bedroom and Dave can polish the wood floors, then we should all be really for the baby. Danny has bathroom duty, showers and toilets, I just hate doing those so I'll let him chip in and help so he doesn't feel left out. :)

Happy 4th of July tomorrow, don't' know what project we will be doing yet, but I'm sure I let you know on the next update.

1 comment:

marisa said...

So are you guys able to think about anything else right now than baby's arrival now that we are down to the hour countdown and not days any more? I'm super excited. Shawn and I are sending all of you a big fat hug. We love you guys!!!