Monday, July 14, 2008

BELATED B/DAY WISH FOR MIKE / MISS MADISON'S 1ST CHECKUP

Sorry I didn't blog yesterday, so I wanted to wish a belated "Happy 60th" Birthday wish to my brother, Mike. I know his birthday wish came true, he had his Granddaughter, Inara, with him. He had the rest of the family too but grand babies are very special, I know I have one now. My brother, Marty, said he knew I was older then him because I'm a grandma now, he just doesn't know what he is missing.
Yesterday morning, Sunday, Dave and I went over and made the kids breakfast. Dave made Danny his waffles and I did the turkey bacon, sausage and scrambled eggs. Dave and I then went home to work on the air conditioner and managed to get it working again, yea. Then in the afternoon we went back over and made a couple meals for Kim and Danny, one to have for dinner and the other to freeze for later on. Kim got her beef stew and then I made a chicken soup for their dinner. Danny ended up having both for dinner then they froze the rest for lunches and dinners for later on. We didn't have dinner with them because if we do it defeats the purpose of the leftovers for meals for later on, like when Danny goes back to work and Kim quits cooking for him.:)
Oh, by the way, when we went back to the coach the air conditioning had quit working again, so another hot night.

This morning Dave decided to move the coil from the working air conditioner to the back one to see if that was the problem and when he got the cover off the non working one he found the motor start compositor was burned up. Needless to say Dave made some phone calls to see if anyone had the part and one place did, an RV Repair place, for $39.95 he called a motor place and they had it for $9.95. He went and got the cheaper one installed it and everything is working great. We went over to Kim's tonight fixed dinner came back to the coach and it is still working. Just pisses me off how much the RV repair place jacks up the price of an item, thant goodness Dave made that other call and didn't stop at the 1st place.

Miss Madison had her 1st doctor appointment today and she is now 5lb 3oz, just what she was when she left the hospital, she had lost 10oz but the doctors were OK with it. Kim said the doctor wants her fed every 2 hours, wake her and feed her. She goes back on Thursday and everyone is hoping she has gained some weight, which she will. It's a little tough breast feeding right now, but she's a little peanut and will catch on. Almost everyone we have talked to has said it can take up to 3 weeks before every thing goes smoothly, Kim's not a quiter and either is Miss Madison and before long they will be in sync, and she won't even remember having problems. The same thing happened to me with Kim, every 2 hours and she kept falling asleep on me, and you know I have no patients so if I could do it, she surely can.

P.S.
Those of you that looked at the pictures of Miss Madison, that David Jr. took, those were just the rough draft, he will be cleaning them up and you will be seeing the shading difference with her hair and the black background. But isn't she just a doll no matter what the picture looks like????
Miss Madison already has her Daddy wrapped around her finger.:)
Marisa, Inara is going to look hugh when she gets around her cousin, Miss Madison.

2 comments:

marisa said...

First, it seems that the RV is more and more a money pit. I say you sell it and just put all that money toward Madison. (I'm trying Kim. Hee hee.) Yes, it can take a few weeks for mommy and baby to get into a rhythm. Tell Kim all she needs is patience. Remember, babies pick up on mom's stress and tension. So if she's nervous, baby won't relax and eat, so sit back, relax, and enjoy every moment with Madison. I can't say it enough: I CAN'T WAIT to see her on Saturday. She's so small and precious. I can't wait to grab her and hold her and kiss her all over her cheeks. She is adorable.

IT Dave said...

What make anyone think Miss Madison isn't getting all the money now. That's why we keep revising our future trips. ;)