Friday, July 25, 2008

Bob Udate/Madison/Marisa/Bloger Misc. Update

Update on Uncle Bob, he is at a facility in Oakland right now, and when a bed becomes available in Alameda he will be moving there. Per Jim and Uncle Bob, he will not be coming home again. He can’t walk the stairs at all and really needs constant care, or at least, care real close by him 24/7 and there is no way Jim can do this by himself. I talked to Uncle Bob this morning he was in good spirits and sounded good and really likes the place he is at in Oakland. Jim wants him to move to Alameda because it is right on the beach and a really nice place. He said this way he could bring the dog when he visits Bob and take them both out on the beach. Jim has always liked the beach, I even said to him Bob is lucky to have him because I don’t think anyone in the family would have taken that much shit plus the work to care for Bob. Come to think of it, maybe Jim is tired of it too and that’s why he wants to get near the ocean, easy place to dump Bob into. :) Just kidding, I think the oxygen tank might float anyway.
Bob’s phone number is 510-834-8199 I wonder if Bob’s daughter, Kathy has been out to see him??? Sorry that was mean of me.

Miss Madison, I have heard the stories about you going potty and poop-poop on your Grandma Gonzalez, your mom and dad. Thank goodness I haven’t got nailed yet, but I know my time will come. Your mama you nailed yesterday peed on her while she was changing you then when she tried to block the shooting spray, you pushed from the back end and nailed her, you got your clothes, blanket, and changing table. Then I heard you broke your daddy in last week, while he was holding you in his arms giving you a bath, you not only peed on his arm you went as far as down his leg. Then last week too, your Grandma Gonzalez was changing you and you peed on her, we are so glad to see that you are a sharing little girl. Just remember you don’t need to share that much with Grandma and Grandpa Alton.
I must say you are a very good girl, most of the time you sleep when you should, and when it is time for feeding, every 2 hours, you do wake up and drink down what is given you. Lately, which is great, is the amount of milk you are taking in is getting to be more and more. You make the most precious faces when sleeping and even more when it is getting close to you waking up, you smile so much, it might just be gas, but at least it's happy gas.

I must say thank goodness for blogs because the last 2 days I have been going thru Marisa’s since Inara was born and believe me Kim and Danny are very lucky compared to what Shawn and Marisa went thru. I have gone thru many of my old blogs for dates of the places we have been or just questions we have had on our travels. They really do come in handy so glad these things were invented. Anyone with a new baby or new anything else should just use the blogs just to jot down things because you sure don’t remember what happened a month ago to mark it in your baby book, repair book or just anything you may need to know in the future. Kim and Danny, hint hint, just make a quick note of any changes you notice even if it seems so minor, I sure wish I would have had one when Kim was born. Not only just about the baby, make notes of things that interest you and about family things. Could you just imagine if we were keeping a blog when Nana and Paka were still alive, we laugh now but we probable would be laughing harder because you just can’t remember everything. Just remember, everyone, your parents and friends won’t be here forever, so make notes of the stories while you can.
OK enough of the deep feeling stuff.
Tomorrow Dave and I go to Bryauna’s dance recital in Oxnard, should be fun, at least we get out of the heat of Bakersfield, just kidding but it is a 10 year old's dance recital, how exciting can that be?? Will let you all know when we get back.

No comments: