Tuesday, October 09, 2007

October 9, 2007 Tuesday night, we are in Foxboro, Mass. and today we went touring around Boston. We ended up not going back into Kennebunkport, Maine because we had rain yesterday, bummer, it's only like the 2nd time we have had rain throughout the day. We got to Mass. about 2 pm set-up, walked around and checked out the place, which is very nice, 4 pools, 1 indoor, 3 Jacuzzis, gym room, baseball diamond, tennis and basketball courts ect. very nice campground, and not cheap either but a hell of a lot cheaper then staying at motels and buying meals out.
We went around Boston today, taking the trolley tour, which is you get on and off the trolley and see the things you want and jump back on another trolley to get to the next sight. What we actually did was the Freedom Trail tour. When we left this morning we had to drive to the "T" which is like Bart in San Francisco. That was a 40 min. ride into Boston then by 11am we were on the trolley and toured around until 5pm. Although it rained all night long, today was sunny, windy and sometimes a bit cool, but Dave and I stuck it out in shorts. We saw Paul Revere's House, and statue, the Old North Church, "Old Ironside" ship which is the USS Constitution, The Old State House Museum ect. pretty nice day. I'm not a history buff, if by myself I could have probably covered everything in about 1/2 the time, but I'm slowly learning to slow down and read and learn things. When you read some of the history stuff probably the stupidest things stick in my mind, like Paul Revere had 16 kids, 8 by the 1st wife, and when she died, shortly after the 8th kid, he remarried 5 months later and she had another 8 of his kids. My mind retains the unimportant stuff, not the history stuff, oh well, that's just me.
Tomorrow, I believe, we are going to go to Plymouth and check it out. We are planning on moving on Friday to Salem so we can tour around the witch hunt stuff, I mean it's almost Halloween and what a better time to check out this place.
I left out Thursday, that might be Cape Cod day or Boston again, will write about it later.

1 comment:

MICHAEL said...

Hey Jeri, if you hit Salem, can you pick me up a new witches broom stick? Mine is running on empty and can't fly so high anymore! LOL

You know I'm so jealous of you and Dave! I only dream that one day I'll get to do what you're doing. Traveling and seeing sights, that would be a great life!

I miss you! Will you be around for Thanksgiving? Christmas?