Tuesday, October 16, 2007

October 16, 2007 OK I haven't written in a couple days, am I bad or what. Before I get going I forgot to mention that on Saturday afternoon we had taken the dogs to the beach, about a mile from our campsite, and there was a dog that looked just like Valentine, and the dogs name was Clementine. They say everyone has a twin, I didn't know that was true for dogs too. :)
We left Salem Sunday morning and drove thru 5 states that day, we got to the Thousand Trails in Lebanon PA around 6:30pm. Very long day since we had left Salem at 7:30am, we had been in Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, then Pennsylvania. We did go out of our way for lunch which added on amost 2 hours for us, driving wise and eating wise. There was a diner that was on Guy Fieri's Food Network show that we wanted to stop at, Eveready Diner in Hyde Park New York. Great looking place, very crowded and what I had was great. I did the lunch thing and Dave had the standard breakfast thing, pancakes, which were great, the bacon had no flavor and I mean no flavor and the sausage was boring. I had pastrami and swiss Panini style which was great.
OK, lets move on, when we got set-up Sunday night it was dark so didn't want to spend a lot of time doing it, so where we parked we got TV but no computers. Monday morning we walked around and someone was just getting ready to pull out of a perfect sight so we ran back unhooked everything and moved. After getting the TV and computer working and setting up everything we decided it was kick back and clean day. We cleaned just about everything, windows and screens inside and out. In the afternoon the weather was just perfect, 74 degrees we drove into town and had the cars oil changed and lubed, at Wal-Mart of course. While waiting we did some shopping and got Halloween decorations for the coach, when the car was done we came back and sat outside BBQ'd later and relaxed, god it was nice to do.
This morning after walking and breakfast we drove into "INTERCOURSE" to mail a package to my nephew, we wanted that postmark to be on the package. After that we did some walking around looking at shops and then got back on the road. It was almost 2 so we decided to stop at "Plain & Fancy" for lunch, our neighbor in the park recommended it, and we had the Amish Farm Feast. Very cool, food was nothing to write home about except the fried chicken, it was good food don't get me wrong, way too much food and the Shoofly pie was really good.
That's it, I'm all caught up, now I have to get caught up on the pictures.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay - so I never leave messages but I follow you guys all the time. I think I am just jealous! You two are having way too much fun! Can't wait till you make it back up here to the northwest.

Anonymous said...

Boob Mountain???? :)

Jeri said...

The mountain looked that way to me

MICHAEL said...

I received my package today! TOO FUNNY! I love it. I think it's going on the Christmas tree this year. So THANK YOU for my 1st decoration for the holiday season. As I said before, and now Kelli agrees, we're both VERY jealous.

Intercourse, PA huh? Do you think if I move there I'll get some? LOL

Love you guys!!!

Jeri said...

A witches broom for your xmas tree?