Tuesday, October 30, 2007

October 30, 2007 we are now at Cherry Hill Park in College Park, Maryland. We went out to breakfast and then got on the road about 10:30am. We arrived at the RV Park about 3:30pm, not a bad drive this time we didn't get lost at all, thank goodness the GPS worked this time. I need to do a recap of New York because tomorrow we start touring D.C.
I left off with us getting tickets to see Altar Boyz, and stopping and having a beer and burger to kill time but I forgot to mention that while walking around the streets we got to see Jennifer Garner and posted pictures. She is in New York doing a play, sorry didn't catch the name of it, we just saw people crowding around so we joined in and took pics. The play Altar Boyz was great, it is a musical comedy about a Catholic boy band, the lead guy in the musical was the runner-up on "Grease: You're the one that I want" reality show, which Dave and I tried to watch every week. It was funny and very entertaining, thanks Spanky for the recommendation. We didn't get back to the coach that night until 11pm and boy was Valley happy to see us. It was also a big Halloween party night so there were a lot of people dressed up walking the streets looking for the perfect bar to party at.
Sunday, we hung out at the coach until around 11am then went and caught "Path" to 33rd street. When we got to 7th & 50th street they were having a street fair going on, about a miles worth I think, food vendors selling products ect. We walked around until almost 2pm then headed for our next musical, which was "Spring Awakening". Another very good musical, Dave said he liked that one better then Altar Boyz, probably because he got to see breasts in this one, just kidding, but not about the breasts. Again, thank you Spanky, this one is about young teenagers in the 1890's in Germany that are just learning about their sexuality, when the one character kills himself, I got all tiery eyed, I really liked him, didn't want to see him go. Anyway, very good and makes you think about how you have to tell your kids about the birds and the bees or hope someone does.:)
Monday, we went back to the city again, Dave wanted to look at the camera shops and check out his xmas present. He did research Sunday night when we had gotten home and knew what he wanted. After talking to the sales guy we left without buying anything, amazing. He then got on the phone with David Jr. to ask him about the camera Dave wanted, which he said was good. We walked to Central Park walked around it, it seemed like every corner you turned someone was doing filming. The kids in the park you could tell it was the nanny's taking care of them, all the horse carriages were neat to see. The cost was $34 for 20 min. to pricey for my blood, Dave did get a picture of me jogging in Central Park. We found our way to Strawberry Hill. which is a section of the park dedicated to John Lennon, that's why it is named that, we got pics of that too. Dave will shoot me if I don't mention this, but I was the only person in New York City with shorts on. Honestly, I was even shocked I didn't see anyone, before we left the coach I said I would bet him, because the sun is out, that people will wear shorts, it just wasn't happening. It was probably 50 degrees, and the only thing cold were my fingers, I think my legs must have been numb because I didn't feel anything, or else the hot flashes were really kicking in. After the park we did go back to the camera shop and Dave did get a new camera, now I don't have to do any xmas shopping for him, because that is it!
I thing that about sums everything up, I know I left stuff off, that's what happens when you get a few days behind. Anyway, new adventures start tomorrow.
Happy Halloween, because I believe we will be out late tomorrow, Halloween in George Town.
Spanky, do you want me to save you the Playbill's?

3 comments:

marisa said...

Shorts? In Oct in NY? You and my parents are crazy. I'm jealous that you got to go to NY. I so want to go. I'm sure Michael will want the Playbills.

marisa said...

Just looked at photo album. You posted a pic for Spanky. Where's mine? What no pics of Tiffany's? I love the one of Dave napping on the street. Too funny. My dad is holding Inara right now so I get to catch up on my blog reading.

MICHAEL said...

Yes please keep the Playbills for me! I would so love to add them to my collection. I'm glad you enjoyed the shows. I'm WAY jealous!