Saturday, October 13, 2007

October 13, 2007 we are in West Gloucester, MA which is about 25 min. from Salem MA. We got here yesterday afternoon and after getting set-up we headed into Salem. We got a combination ticket which was for the “Witch History Museum”, “Witch dungeon Museum”, and the “Pirate Museum”. We did the 1st 2 and this morning we did the Pirate one. After the Pirate Museum the town was having a Halloween Bix Baz, which is a fancy name for a street festival. There were all kinds of people dressed up in costumes, and some of the vendors had some pretty neat stuff. Good thing we don’t have room in the coach otherwise I probably would have purchased a bunch of stuff. Now tonight at 8pm we are going on a walking tour for 75 min. hopefully will see some ghosts. 
Now a quick recap since I last wrote, which was Oct. 9th. Last Wednesday Dave and I drove to Sagamore to Pairpoint which is a glass shop; they had some demos of glass blowing, no big deal. We then went to Cape Cod and found the Kennedy Compound and took pictures. Then we went to New Bedford to City Hall and got a copy of Dave’s mom and grandpa’s birth certificate, he has time on his hands now so I guess he is going to do a family history thing for the kids. OK that was Wednesday, on Thursday even though it was kind of rainy we all decided to go into Plymouth and do a tour of the Mayflower II and then we did the Plymouth Plantation. Both were very interesting to do, very informative.
Oh, almost forgot on the way back from Plymouth, while Dave and I were driving thru a small town as I came up to the light it turned yellow. Next thing I know I hear a siren so I pulled over thinking it was an ambulance or something, I look in my marrow and see flashing lights right behind me, then I could see it was a cop car. I then pull into the gas station which I was stopped in front of. She came up to my window and asked if I knew why she pulled me over, for one thing I was already stopped so she didn’t pull me over, but I said “no” she said I ran a red light. I said turned yellow when I crossed the cross walk, she said No it was red, and then Dave piped in with a nasty tone. She said since we were from Florida and probably just visiting she was just going to give me a warning and no ticket. Then she told Dave that he better watch his tone, she was only doing her job. Thank goodness no ticket, I haven’t had a ticket since I was 17.
Tomorrow we head out for Pennsylvania, it’s about 400 miles away, so will see how far we make it tomorrow.

No comments: