Friday, August 03, 2007

August 3, 2007 at 3:00pm Dave was officially out of work and now retired. His last phone call was at 2:30pm and when that was done the owner of the company finally called him to wish him well, I guess. He offered to send the laptop back to the company that he has been using and she told him "no" you can keep it, big of her.
Tomorrow we head down to Simi Valley to meet with the Florist, to pay, the DJ, to pay, the cake baker, to pay, the photographer, to pay, the golf course, to pay, so needless to say on Monday I'll be going to Wal-mart to apply for a greeters job, or maybe just collect carts for them since I like to be outside. (just kidding, it's too hot in Bakersfield to be outside)
Dave wrote his 1st draft of his speech he is going to give at the wedding. He handed it to me and asked me to read it and he had left the room. After reading it, for a 1st draft it was very good, just needed some touch up, but I thought to myself, he will never get through this. When he came back I asked him to read it out loud to me so he could see the few mistakes for himself. As he was going through it he caught most of the mistakes, when he was done he put the paper down and started playing with his computer. He then turns to me and said "I'll never get through this" he already had tears in his eyes. I told him I knew he wasn't going to be able to so what he needs to do is add funny lines to it, which you know I'm good at, since I learned from the best, my brother Mike. He said he would try, so I'm sure I am going to maybe have to chip in with all the funny lines, but then again I'm sure I'll be crying too. We couldn't even make it through College Graduation without tears, I know we are big babies. This should be very interesting, I told Dave that I would like for Kim and I to give a speech too, together, but he said if we do something like that we had to do it sober, well that's out of the question on this big day, so I guess no speech. Let's see, if I remember right don't people give their speeches after dinner, let's see Dave make it that far into the wedding without a drink, we are going to be nervous wrecks.
I think that's it for now, Kim and Danny are coming over for dinner tonight to go over the final counts and celebrate Dave's retirement. I'll write later from the poor house.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! We are getting excited for our trip to CA and the wedding! Can't wait to see everyone. Kelli

Jeri said...

We are getting very excited too and very nervous. 9 Days to go