Tuesday, August 14, 2007

August 14, 2007 for once I have new news within the last couple days, you don't have to wait a week to hear from us. I left off on the last blog that we were going to Kim's for dinner, which we did, and went over everything we could think of. Wrapping the gifts for the wedding party, Dave's job, only because when he was a teen he had a job at a store where he worked in the wrapping department. Plus, if you really know Kim and I you know we prefer to give gifts in brown paper bags. We went over the sitting chart for the wedding and finalized it so Sunday Dave could take it to Kinko's to have it printed up.
Saturday we drove down for Marisa's baby shower, it took 3 hours to drive down, boy we hate that L.A. traffic, we stayed 3 hours and we got lucky on the way back and it took only 2 hours. The shower was very nice, just sorry we couldn't stay for the whole thing, but when you live so far away and have dogs waiting for you, oh well. We did have a great visit with people, and for at least 1 of the 3 hours we were there it took my mind off of the wedding. Talking to my brother Mike is always a good time. I even heard a story of Mike's nuts hanging out of his shorts at an Arborne party that Spanky thru at his house. Of course, Mike's comment was "Why was the bitch looking at my croutch anyway" it's my house and I can sit anyway I want. The bitch was Spanky's X - boss so who really cares anyway, but after that comment from Mike, Dave asked Mike not to wear shorts to the wedding.
Mike was asking "Danny" if he was going to be safe at the wedding with all of his family coming, Danny said "yea" just have a knife on you. Mike then told him he was going to come dressed as a Border Patrol Officer or an Immigration Officer, boy did we all laugh. On the drive home, after the shower, Danny made a comment that he didn't think that Uncle Mike liked him at first, Kim told him with the kidding that Uncle Mike is giving him, he is more then welcome in the family. That's what Danny thought too, when Mike doesn't give you a bad time "that means you are not welcome"
Sunday, I went over to Kim's early and we starting doing house cleaning, this way they don't have to come home to a dirty house. Our job was cleaning, Dave was going to Kinko's, then Dave and Danny worked on the plumbing/electrical stuff to get ready for the new Refrig. that Kim and Danny purchased. That night they came to our RV for dinner and go over everything again, this seems to be an never ending thing to do.
Today, Monday, at 8:30am we took Valley into the vet for a check-up and get her papers for Canada. Since we need original papers for her Rabies shot and we only had a copy faxed from our vet in Simi, which was good until April 2008, Dave said lets go ahead and get another shot for her a year early and have the original papers like we need. Valley had also started digging at her ear so when we took her in the vet looked at that too plus cut her nails. When we left Valley was acting very strange, she kept digging at her ear, kicking her legs, ect. very strange for her. When we got back to the coach she would run, lay down, kick her legs, run more, and pant a lot. I thought the vets had just really dug too much at her ear, and it was really bothering her. When we closed up the coach to take it to Stier’s RV, Valley ran back in the coach and left me standing outside, she has never done that. We were in a hurry so Dave said I'm leaving with Valley in the coach and I followed behind. When we got to Stier’s, he got out of the coach and said there is something wrong with Valley, she just can't hold still. He went into the Service Department and I went in to check on Valley, she was running back and forth and I saw blood on the floor. I checked her nails, thinking maybe the vet had cut them to short and she was bleeding from them but that wasn't it.(If you don't know, Dogs can bleed a lot, if you cut their nails too short) It was her left back paw she had split open because she kept kicking her legs out because she couldn't sit still. I got the leash on her and got her outside of the coach and she was a wild dog, I could not stop her movements. Dave was in the Service Department of Stier’s and I called him and said I was rushing Valley back to the Vets. I threw Valley in the back of the car and was trying to calm her down; when I grabbed her collar I could barely put my fingers between the collar and her skin. That's when it dawned on me she was having a reaction from the shot she had gotten. I looked at her and she was doubling in size, when we got back to the vets, we almost knocked some lady over because she was in the door way, I was yelling that Valley was having a reaction, they took one look and ran her to the back. Benadryl and cortisone shots and 30 minutes later Valley is a new dog, relaxed and sleepy. Most of the swelling had gone away except her paws, they looked like the size of a bears paws, and the vet said they will go back to normal after a couple hours.
Then we went to Kim's to drop Valley off and went to AAA to check on their airline flight, Kim was panicking about it, so we said we would check it out for her. Good thing too, after waiting forever, it seemed like, we finally got together with her travel agent and their airline package hadn't been shipped yet to AAA. Well, supposedly people with travel plans on that day had a computer glitch, and some of them didn't print out and of course Kim and Danny were one of them. They are over nighting them and will be in tomorrow, AAA will call us to come pick them up. Good thing Kim panicked. After that we went back to Kim’s and Dave mowed the lawn for Danny and I did some more cleaning for Kim. Then I loaded stuff up in the truck so we could take it to the dump for them. At the dump a door that we were throwing away fell out right on top of Dave’s foot, and of course we were both in sandals, it cut his toes. On the way back we stopped off at the insurance company to sign some papers. By the way, when we picked up our coach at 5pm they weren’t able to fix the awning either and wanted us to bring it back again, Dave said forget it, Monaco can fix it in December.
This morning when we got up Dave’s foot was all swollen and black and blue, he decided to go to urgent care to make sure it wasn’t broken, which I knew it wasn’t but better safe then sorry. The doctor said it was just badly bruised and if he is lucky the swelling will go down by Saturday, but doesn’t advise wearing the shoes the tux shop offers, great. Kim is going to shit when she hears this, she doesn’t know yet.
Today at 4 Kim and I are having our hair cut and I’m getting mine colored, tonight we take Kim to dinner, neither one of them would go for just Dad and Daughter dinner, so I guess I have to go.
That’s it for now.

1 comment:

IT Dave said...

This is just a short example of Jeri’s nervous energy. I sure hope she doesn’t explode before the wedding.