Friday, August 10, 2007

August 10, 2007 Let me start off with "Happy Birthday Pop" hope you and mom are having a great time up in heaven. I know you guys will be watching over Kim and Danny next week when they get married, wish you both were still here.
Well, another week has gone by here in beautiful Bakersfield, 1 week and 1 day left before the wedding. I am getting to be a wreck, as soon as the eyes open in the morning the mind starts thinking wedding and there is no way in hell to get back to sleep, even if it is 4am. Oh, by the way, I'm not writing from the poor house yet because the golf course still hasn't sent me the final invoice, I'm sure I will probably get it later today. We did get the cake, DJ, Florist and Photographer paid in full, so my foot is only partly in the poor house, the golf course bill will put me all the way in.
On Tuesday we had taken the RV in again for the awning, which they couldn't figure out how to fix so Dave told them to put it back the way it was and we went and got it. This Monday Stiers RV is going to take a look at it and see if they can fix it, if not I guess next December when we are at the Monaco Facility in Florida they will have to fix it. I took my dress in to get pressed, we got the jelly belly's for the favors and tonight we go to Kim and Danny's to go over everything to make sure we are not missing anything. Next Wednesday we will load up my car with everything for the wedding and bring it all down with us on Thursday morning. Tuesday I have my hair cut and colored, Wednesday night we pick up Kim's dress. If anyone that reads this can think of anything that we might be forgetting please let us know.

6 comments:

marisa said...

My only suggestion is for everyone to relax the day before and get a good night's sleep. Saturday will be so hectic that you want to be well-rested on Friday. Otherwise, if I know the Alton's, everything will be taken care of and you won't have anything to worry about come Saturday but to enjoy yourselves. Soak up every moment you can because it flies by in a blink of an eye. Have a great week! (And have fun at the poor house.)

Anonymous said...

What about mani pedis???

;)

-Alex and Kelli in WA

P.S: See you Saturday!!!

Jeri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeri said...

I take it Mani Pedis means, manicures and pedicures, which Kim and I are having with the female part of the bridal party on Friday. After that Kim and I have an appointment for a couples massage for the 2 of us. Nothing else to do so we might as well relax and spend the rest of our money on her. Thank you though for suggesting that, if anything else pops into your mind please pass it on.
Now, Marisa, I'm sleeping as well as you now. I have fogotten how to relax but I'm sure I'll remember after the wedding. See you all Saturday, some of you on Friday night after the rehersal dinner, let's drink, alot.

Anonymous said...

Alex and I would like to get pedicures on Friday/Saturday morning. Is there any place to go in Simi Valley?

-Kelli

Jeri said...

Where Dave and I like, and if he gets his way that's where him and Danny will go, is a place on Cochran and Sycamore in the Target shopping center on Cochran. If you go on Friday, Dave needs a ride if Danny chickens out on him because Kim and I have the car, but it has to be before 2 pm. We will be in the hotel starting Thursday night