Sunday, July 29, 2007

Sunday July 29, 2007 we are now back in Bakersfield at the same RV Park. We left this morning a little over an hour after Kim, Danny and the dogs left. Dave couldn't handle the thought of being a lone with me and Valley, just kidding, as usual the Thousand Trails Parks only have the 30 amps as I mentioned before, so the thought of staying one more day with only 1 air conditioner wasn't a happy thought. I wasn't able to do laundry either, I could but then we couldn't run the 1 air conditioner until it was done, so it was no big deal to leave a day eariler. Plus, we had already gone into Yosemite Park 2 days in a row, and I really didn't want to go back again.
Friday night Kim and Danny got there after 1 a.m. they got lost, but thank goodness they finally got there. Saturday morning we ran the dogs a little before locking them up in the motor home so we could go into Yosemite Village. I drove there, and at one point I stopped in the middle of the road because a squirrel was in the way, Dave starting yelling at me because of the car behind us, but thank goodness it was a slow and curvey area so I didn't get rear ended. I didn't want to hit a squirrel, Dave said it's just a rat with a bushy tail, oh well. We had a nice day, riding around the bus and stopping at different places to see the falls. In the afternoon we made it back to the car and sat down and had the snacks I had brought. After that we headed back to the coach, the dogs had been left long enough and everyone was hot and tired. Danny drove back and said "Kim and Jeri, I'm sorry, but if I see a squirrel in the road and there are cars behind us I'm not stopping" Kim said that was on his conscience, not ours.
When we got back Kim, Danny and I grabbed the dogs and took them down to the river, it was very hot and Valley was acting very strange. She would run to the shade and lay down real quick, she didn't want to walk at all, then at 1 spot she went to the bathroom and I thought that was what her problem was, not. Kim and Danny were ahead of us, I finally got Valley down to the river and she just layed down in the mud. She just wasn't getting up and walking, so Kim ran back to the RV to get my car so we could get Valley back and Danny went after her. The next thing I know Danny is running back by himself and is saying the RV is locked and Dave's not around, did I have my RV keys with me. I didn't because my purse was in the RV then here comes Kim in her car, she had put her keys in my car when we left, and when we got back thank goodness no one locked my car, so she was able to drive her car down to pick up Valley and me. When we got back to the RV Valley and I sat outside and Kim and Danny took their dogs looking for Dave, because we still couldn't get in the RV and it was 100 degrees outside. Kim finally came running back with the keys so we could get Valley back in the RV and I could go to the bathroom, I know Kim wouldn't want me to leave that out. Anyway, Valley is OK I truely believe she just can't handle the heat anymore and the hot ground is just way too much for her, because she has been fine every since. Dave even took her for a long walk this morning and in the cool weather she seems to be fine, so who knows, old age just sucks. Last night after a relaxing evening Dave BBQ'd chicken and zuccini, we had grilled onions and peppers and Kim's left over pasta salad for dinner and everything was real good. Then this morning we all got on the road back to Bakersfield and all made it safely.
THE END
Very exciting, right?

No comments: