Friday, July 27, 2007

July 27, 2007 and we are here in Groveland Calif. right outside of Yosemite. We got here yesterday afternoon after taking our time driving here. We stopped at rest stops, then saw a sign for Bravo Farms, which is a store advertising "Handmade Cheese", olives, fruit, gifts ect. We decided to stop because one of the signs even said they have "cheese curds" which is what I used to get every time we went to Utah as I was growing up, I called it squeaky cheese. It's a store Ogden, I believe, we used to go to every time we went to see my grandparents, anyway, I was hoping it would be the same thing, but it wasn't. They were making cheese at the back of the store and it was a pretty neat store, we did get a couple things. If you ever pass thru Traver, Calif. stop at Bravo Farms, it is outside of Fresno by the way. The RV park is about 5 miles from Yosemite, then it's another 20 miles to Yosemite Village, which we drove to today and checked it out. Kim and Danny are driving up tonight so we were waiting for them before we went and saw all the falls. The 4 of us will leave early tomorrow and drive back to the Yosemite Village and take their free shuttle around the park. Kim is bringing her dogs with them so it should be real fun leaving 3 dogs locked up in the motor home, believe me there will be some hard feelings if my home gets destroyed. I'm sure everything will be fine, at Kim's house all they do is sleep when we are all gone, I always think the worst, that's just me. The weather here is just about as hot as Bakersfield except at night it really cools down which it doesn't do in Bakersfield. It's a good thing it does too because these stupid Thousand Trails RV parks we stay at are mostly 30 amps, so once again we can only run 1 air conditioner at a time. Last night we just opened up all the windows and turned our little fan on and it was perfect for sleeping and this morning the temp was 57 degrees, which we never had in Bakersfield. Of course the neighbors around us weren't too happy with our windows being open, because all the moaning, groaning and screaming going on kept them awake. I told them "OK, from now on I won't give Dave foot massages late at night to put him to sleep, I'll let the dog lick his toes and maybe that will relax him.". Just kidding, as if I'm going to give a foot massage, or Valley is going to lick feet.
That's it for now, by the way we have NO Cell Service so Dave had to go to the lodge here and use his computer as a phone he has something called SKYPE and he was able to attend his 2 early meetings this morning.

No comments: