Thursday, July 05, 2007

July 5, 2007 and we are now back in Bakersfield we got here yesterday afternoon. The last I wrote we were in Soledad Canyon we ended back in Bakersfield because of the heat and the Thousand Trails park we were at. I believe I said we were in the 30amp plug-ins, they do have 50amp but they are in places where there are a lot of trees and no cell phone service plus you have to pay xtra for the 50 amp. Anyway, on that Monday night, after dinner, I took Valley out for a walk. We walked down to a lower campsite where the theater is and it is a special site for permit camping, meaning big groups like boy scouts ect. As I'm walking Valley around I see sitting on the table where the theater is a Bobcat just sitting there looking at us. I made a u-turn and called Dave about if the park had said anything about Bobcats being here. He said they probably are and as I hang up I look up on the hill and there is another Bobcat following us, thank goodness Valley hadn't spotted either one of them so as I'm walking back to the coach Dave comes out and is going to the pool. Valley and I walked over with him but on the way, I spotted another Bobcat, 3 of them in less then an hour, pretty neat to see. Tuesday morning while Dave, Valley, and are are walking we see hawks, 4 of them, really big and one had a rabbit in it's claws and the others trying to take it away. Anyway, on our walk back we see this man packing up his coach to leave so Dave goes and asked him if he got cell service where he was at, the spot was sweet, trees and shade, and the guy said yes. We then went bike riding because we figured the guy would take another hour or so to pack up but when we went by him he was almost done so we hauled ass getting back to our coach and throwing chairs and tables in my car so we could drive back down and take the guys spot. After doing all this work to get the site, we only stay 1 day in it. It was so hot there in Soledad Canyon that we were running the generator for 8 to 10 hours, which runs on diesel fuel, because they only have 30amp hook-ups and we needed the generator to run both of our air conditioners that Dave finally figured out we were ending up spending 35 bucks a day even though it was free to stay at the campsite. He decided to go back to Bakersfield, at where we were before and pay them 35 bucks a day and have 50amp hookups and no generator running.
So as I said we got here yesterday and BBQ'd at Kim and Danny's for dinner then came back to the coach and watched the fireworks shows that were all around us, pretty neat. Today we went hitting golf balls again, which I don't think Dave will stick with, then went to get tickets for this weekend to the circus. This afternoon Kim, Dave and I went and saw Ratatouille, when Kim got off work, it's Danny's late day so he couldn't go, it was a pretty cute movie. That's it for now.

No comments: