Tuesday, July 10, 2007

July 10, 2007 still here in Bakersfield. Haven't written since last Thursday so it's time to get caught up again with our exciting news. Today Dave went to Danny's Dentist, he had xrays taken and had his teeth cleaned, I go on Thursday. At 1pm I had to go to Kim's house and pick up the wedding dress and meet her at David's Bridal for the last minute alterations. After that Kim came over to our coach and went thru pictures and stayed for dinner. It's Danny's late night again, so he missed out. Going thru the pictures is something that Dave started, he wants to scan the ones we want and get rid of the physical pictures, so Kim had said she wanted to see the ones we were throwing away.
Let me do a quick recap of the last week, since our life is so exciting right now, just kidding.Last Thursday we went to the movies with Kim, which I already told you about. Bakersfields temperature was getting to 105 on Friday and our front air conditioning went out. It would come on for about 5 min. then the breaker would shut off. Dave got on the phone with anyone and everyone that had anything to do with the coach and mostly had to leave messages. Well, you know how well that went with him, so he kept calling back, thank god. He got a couple call backs but no one had anything on hand and would have to be ordered. Monaco said we have a 2 year warranty so that was not a problem, it was just finding someone that had another unit and who could install it. Anyway, later on Friday afternoon we just went and sat outside the coach because the way we are angled now we get afternoon shade and it wasn't too bad out there. That night though, we did go to the RV's restaurant and sat and had appetizers with beer and wine. Saturday, Kim called and wanted to know if we wanted to go to Tulare with her and Danny to do some shopping for Bridal and Groomsmen gifts, which we said yes. As soon as Dave and I left the coach to go to Kim's another place called him back about the air conditioning unit, as Dave talked to them they said they would be by at between 10 and 11:30 am. So needless to say, Dave stayed home while the 3 of us went shopping. Dave didn't miss anything, we didn't find anything for the wedding party but at least I got my shoes for the "Mother of the Bride" dress which was a great thing to find. Now all I need is a slip and I'm done, thank goodness, I thought for sure the shoes where going to be my down fall. When we got back from Tulare, Dave and Danny towed the truck to Sears, Dave towed and Danny sat in the truck to steer and brake, Kim and I followed behind. After that we went to a Mexican Restaurant for a late lunch, them we went to "Things Remembered" and found all the gifts for the wedding party, very nice things. Then that night we went and saw the Robin Williams movie "License to Wed" it was cute, I've seen better, Dave was OK with it when he was awake.
Sunday we went to breakfast after Kim and Danny got back from church, then at 3:30 we went to the circus, Ringling Bros and Barnum & Bailey which we haven't been to since Kim was a little one. We got there earlier enough to go on the floor area and see the clowns, elephant and other preformers. One clown liked Danny and was playing with his ear, while hiding behind him, then he starting playing "hide and go seek" with him and the anouncer came up and joined in. It was funny to watch, as long as they weren't messing with me. I think thats it for now, I hope anyone still reading this is still AWAKE. bye for now.

1 comment:

marisa said...

Thank goodness the clown played with Danny's ear and not Kim's. Otherwise, I'm sure she would have thought they were hinting that her ears were too big. I love that you guys went to the circus. I can't remember the last time I went to one. Sounds fun.