Sunday, July 22, 2007

Sunday July 22, 2007 another week has passed and we are still here in Bakersfield. I believe last I wrote was last Sunday, and Kim and I have had a full recovery. Tuesday we were both back working out at the gyms and Dave and I were back to hitting golf balls. Last Monday Dave and I went to see a lawyer about selling the house to Kim and Danny. Since no money was exchanging hands and we were playing banker we were just going to put their names on the "Deed" so it showed 4 owners and that way they could claim the interest on their taxes and it showed they were home owners on their credit. The lawyer said "not a good idea" for various reasons. She asked if I was the daughter and why didn't I get my own loan, "LOVE HER" Dave wasn't to happy about that. When we left he said it was because I had my hair colored and if she could really see my gray hair she wouldn't be saying that. Anyway, if anything happened to any of us, lawsuit ect. they could put a lien on the house and everyone could lose. She suggested doing a "lease option to buy" which is what we are going to do. The big thing is Dave and I have to keep the house in our name until next June so we don't have to pay capital gains. Then next June, hopefully rates will be better, then Kim and Danny can get their own loan and pay us off and be home owners.
That was last Monday, Tuesday I had a dentist appointment again. Wednesday we took our motor home in to have the air conditioning unit replaced plus the awning over the passenger door replaced. The new air unit that was shipped and installed was broken and the new awning didn't work. They had the coach all day and we stayed at Kim's, they ended up putting the old air unit back on and the company was shipping at another new unit. The awning is another problem, everyone knows the motor was bad but now it looks like the wiring that was done originally was bad too, so that's why the new awning doesn't work. Dave is still fighting with all the companies, and the coach goes back in next Tuesday and hopefully everything will be fixed then.
Thursday, we did some shopping at Costco and now we are proud new owners of a set of golf clubs, 18 in all, and a new bag to carry them in. We take a few lessons and I guess we think we are pros now, just kidding. We just got 1 set, men's, we will share for now until we really know if this is something we can do, it's been fun so far, at least on the driving range. Friday night after Kim and Danny's pre-wedding class we went hitting golf balls. Danny was really funny using the driver, it is so different from the 7 and 9 irons, he was swinging away, a few times, and missing the ball completely. We all got a good laugh, and boy was he sore the next day, after golf we went to a dinner. Saturday was Santiago's 1st birthday, that's Danny's nephew, who is going to be the ring bearer at the wedding. Dave and I had stuff to work on at home, wedding, travel plans, ect. so we didn't go, Kim and Danny had a good time. Dave and I bought a red wagon for Santiago to ride in at the wedding and got the material to make signs for the wedding, you know once you get off the freeway go this way signs. I kind of helped Dave put the wagon together, and kept telling him he was doing a good job on making the signs, which he was, but he stopped at 1 sign to make sure Kim would approve.
Now we are back to today, Sunday, I'm all caught up again. We met Kim and Danny for brunch, after they were done with church then went back to their house. Dave and Danny worked on fixing the gate that was put in by the asshole next door neighbor, old story I believe I wrote about in another blog, if not you didn't miss anything. Kim and I worked on cleaning out the garage and getting it ready for the roofers tomorrow. Since the whole roof is being taken down it will be one hell of a mess. The roofer said they will cover everything that is left in the garage, but Dave and I have been thru this before, so we were taking everything down from the rafters and putting it in the middle of the garage to be covered up. As Kim and I were looking around the garage, the main stuff we wanted to get down from the rafters was the Christmas stuff, she said she will get on the ladder and hand it down to me, wrong, and I should have trusted my instincts, but I let her go ahead and get on the ladder. After we got a few boxes down, next thing I know the ladder she was on almost hits me as it falls over and Kim is hanging on a garage rafter by one arm, I was moving so fast to grab her and all she is doing is laughing and saying "move the ladder and I'll jump down and don't tell Danny because he will be upset" Dave and Danny are working in the front yard and didn't even hear the ladder fall, which amazed me because the crash was so loud, at least Danny should have heard it I thought, we all know Dave has selective hearing when it involves me, but anyway, who was the 1st to run out and thank them for not coming to her rescue, KIM. I have to admit, in some ways she takes after me, make an announcement to make the ones you love fill bad for not being there when something was "kind of bad" happening to you. Kim and I finished the garage then went to Costco, while we were gone Dave and Danny took all the bottles, plastics, and cans that Kim and Danny save to the recycle place. As Dave and Danny were at the recycle place, they had managed to fill 2 trash cans full of plastics, and Danny was moving on to filling the glass cans, Dave moved the plastics over to the side. Danny then asked Dave if he got the recipe for the plastics and Dave said "No" well the recycle place by then had already emptied the plastics and Dave didn't know you were suppose to get a receipt before you walked away, needless to say Kim and Danny got screwed on about 10.00 bucks worth of plastics. Dave told Danny that he was sorry, but he didn't know the rules of the recycle place. Danny will learn, like the rest of us, don't ever leave Dave alone, he must be watched at all times, just kidding, you've got to love him.
I think that's about it for now, tomorrow new roof, Tuesday new air conditioner and awning, Wednesday get packed up because Thursday we are headed for YOSEMITE for a 5 day vacation, Kim, Danny and the dogs should be joining us for the weekend, last trip before the wedding. Bye for now.

No comments: