Monday, July 30, 2007

July 30, 2007 1st of all let me say "Happy 3rd Anniversary" to Marisa and Shawn, my niece and her husband. I know I just wrote yesterday, and we are still here in Bakersfield, but the way this morning started out I just had to share, hopefully our week won't be pissy all week.
Dave got up at 4:15a.m. this morning to go to the bathroom and I rolled over to my other side and looked at the clock, that's why I knew what time it was. Then I felt like Dave's side of the bed was very low (we have a select comfort mattress so we each have what number we sleep on) then I realized that I hadn't put air back in his side of the mattress when we got back from Yosemite. You see when you travel in high altitudes you have to let some of the air out of the mattresses so they won't explode. Anyway, I had reduced ours to 20 each and when we got back to Bakersfield, I refilled mine and forgot to do Dave's. You can only fill one side at a time and with getting everything set up I just forgot about Dave's side of the mattress. Anyway, when I felt like I was going to fall down on Dave's side I started laughing because then I remembered I hadn't filled his side. Next thing I know there was this loud noise and the coach moved, I thought maybe Valley had fallen on the bathroom floor but she was by my side of the bed, then Dave came out of the bathroom. I said "what the hell was that" he said I don't know, then dummy me said "did you fall" "yea right as if there is anywhere to fall in the bathroom" Dave said "NO" the toilet just blew up at me, I said "WHAT?" He then started hunting for his shorts and tank top so he could go outside and see what was up. I got up and checked the "black tank" button and it said 100, which means it is full. When he came back in he said he had left the "black tank valve" open a little bit which when that is done it was actually the spicket water was still filling the black tank instead of the fresh water tank. I think I understand it, anyway once he closed that valve the black drained down because it was all just water. He still had a mess to clean up in the bathroom, wash the rug, ect. needless to say we had gotten up then, so it was an early morning. This is Dave's last week of work, he quit his outside employment and Friday is his last day, it's been 5 yrs since he retired from the Government so it's time, I just hope how this week has started out isn't going to be a pissy week. Now you know why I keep using the work "pissy"(you know, I can hear my brother, Mike, laughing his ass off right now and can't wait to give Dave a bad time for it)

No comments: