Friday, October 17, 2008

Miss Madison / Flu Shots

Today my time with Miss Madison started at 8:30am, although I was at the house about 7:20, so Danny could get ready for work, but low and behold Danny and Miss Madison were still sleeping. Danny was really awake but since Madison hadn't gotten up yet why should he? I sat in the living room and read my book until he was up changing Madison, he called me in so I could see you smiling and stretching, boy she is a happy baby, it must be the good genes she got from me. :)
Madison and I went into the living room and started playing and before Danny left he made her morning bottle. Yesterday she slept just about all day, it seemed, but today was different, no sleeping. She took 20 to 30 min. naps but that was it. When I put her in her crib at 10am for her 2 hour nap, I went in the other room and started working out. I was watching her on the monitor then the next thing I know the dogs were barking like crazy, which of course woke her up. It was a fellow student of Danny's dropping off some xtra credit work for school. Miss Madison had her little nap and wanted to go back to playing and me reading her nursery rhymes. Kim called and said if she didn't get her morning nap she will take a long one in the afternoon. (I should have asked her what time in the afternoon) Anyway, around 11:30 she fell asleep again, so I put her in her crib and set up the monitor. I'm in there working out and again at noon she woke up again, here we go back to playing and reading. When she gets a little fuzzy I give her a bottle then she is wide awake again, she really is a good baby, always smiles and can entertain herself with her moving her arms and legs, she loves doing that and talking the whole time. She's a good story telling as Great Nana Tomaselli would say, she just talks and talks.(just like great Nana)
Dave rode the bike over in the afternoon and hung out the rest of the day with us. At 2:30pm Miss Madison fell asleep again so back to her crib, which lasted almost an hour this time. I got her up changed her and just stood in the living room and rocked her in my arms and back to sleep she went. This time I didn't put her in the crib and just put her on the couch and that's where she still laid sound asleep when Dave and I left at 7pm. Danny had gotten home at 5:30pm, Dave had fixed dinner, we all talked and ate then Dave and I left at 7pm to go to Kim's work to get our Flu Shots.
It really has been fun the last 2 days, it's been 26 yrs and 3 months since I've done this and I'm sure back then it was a lot easier on the arms and back. :)

No comments: