Thursday, October 16, 2008

1st Real Day of Babysitting Miss Madison

I say 1st real day only because Dave and I went over last night, Wednesday night, to watch Miss Madison because Kim started giving out flu shots last night. Danny was going to go somewhere for xtra credit for school but since he had a anatomy test, today, he stayed in the spare bedroom and studied until Kim got back. So even though we watched Miss Madison for 2 hours it didn't really count because Danny was in the next room. OK that's out of the way.
Oh, before I forget, Dave was helping me and going to make Miss Madison's bottle and as he was putting the water in he kept spilling. He did it again over the sink as Madison and I are watching and he spilled again, he said he couldn't see out of his glasses plus the bottle had a curve to it. Anyway, he poured again, and we both watched carefully and as he spilled again we realized the bottom of the bottle was missing. It was one of those curved bottles that both ends twist off, too funny, I'm sure you would have had to be there, but we sure got a good laugh.

Thursday:

Kim called me this morning at 5:30am, I asked her to, but of course I kept waking up every hour on the hour so I wouldn't miss my 1st day with Madison. Kim called, right when I was getting out of bed because Dave had just woke me up, the only hour on the hour I didn't wake up. The day did really go good, it was my 1st day so I have to get my own routine going. Kim called 4 times and texted once, Danny came by after school and before going to work then he called about 4 times too. 2 calls were because of Miss Madison's eye and he had called the doctor about it and called me back to let me know what the doctor had said. Her eye we just need to watch and keep putting the medicine in it that Kim and Danny already had. Dave rode the bike over to Kim's, because I took the car and the dog with me, and watched Madison sleep while I worked out a little bit. Dave had stayed at the RV to clean the carpets and couch, which turned out great, he said they were really dirty. With all the travels since we had the new carpet put in a year and a half ago I'm sure was really dirty.
Anyway, Miss Madison would eat some, play some, talk a lot, then sleep a lot, which made it for an easy time. As she gets older I know it is going to be more of a challenge, heck, it's a challenge trying to hold her in my arms anymore, she is getting bigger everyday, I can't wait until she can hold her head up by herself without moving, that way she won't look like a drunken sailor. :)
Tomorrow's a short day, 7:30am to 5:30pm unless Danny has to stay late at work.
Saturday we are driving down to Simi to go with David Jr. and Jodi to go see 9 to 5, this is the closing weekend, then on Sunday Miss Madison is being blessed here in Bakersfield. Another 2 days of long drives, I thought we were retired and suppose to take it easy??

No comments: