Saturday, October 11, 2008

Back in Bakersfield, California-Happy Bday Dezira

Got back to Bakersfield yesterday afternoon around 2:30pm and the RV Park was pretty full on the side we park on. Low and behold there is a RV Rally going on here. It's the Van Nuys Traveler's, the one's we met last year and Kim, Danny, Dave and I hung with them and had some fun. This year they have a lot more rigs here, and last night when we got back from dinner with Miss Madison and parents :) they were very quiet and we didn't see anything going on. Dave and I were pretty tired from driving from New Mexico in 2 days, anyway, so there was no way we could have joined them.
We got to Kim's about 4:30pm yesterday and were blown away to see how big Miss Madison was. She is 12lbs now and boy sure can't hold her as long as I use to in my right arm, walking around the house with her my right arm is going to look like one of Popeye's pretty soon. What a happy little angel she is, beautiful too, but Nana Alton has the touch still, when the hot flash hit Miss Madison went to sleep. While we were at dinner she slept and when dinner was over she woke up, boy, Kim has her trained right. :)
Kim did give me the scary news, her 1st day back at work, which is this Thursday, I will be baby sitting from 6:30am until Danny gets home from work. If everything goes OK for Danny at work he should be home by 8:30pm if he has to stay then Kim should be home by 9:30pm. She has to work past 7pm because of giving flu shots from 7pm to 9pm. Let's hope she doesn't cure me from baby sitting again, just kidding, I hope.
Today we went to the house about 1:30pm after cleaning our RV, it had so much dirt because of all the dry camping we have been doing. Driving thru Arizona was like being in a wind tunnel the hole time, I even helped driving both days because Dave's arms needed a break.

I have more on the end of our Rally to post, mainly so I can look back years from now and remember what had happened so if you don't read the next blog, you will miss out on some of the funny stuff.
Sorry we couldn't drive down to Simi for Dezira's 17th bday party, but way too tired.
Happy Birthday Dezira.

No comments: