Thursday, August 21, 2008

Toss up - Miss Madison or Dave

Yesterday was a toss up for me. Kim was having her hair cut at 3pm and had asked me the other day to watch Miss Madison, then there was Dave's doctor appointment at 3:30pm for his knee. What to do, what to do, Dave dropped me off at the hair place, where we met Kim and Miss Madison and Dave drove himself to the doctors. Miss Madison won, at least this time she did.:)
Kim had said Miss Madison had screamed the whole time while driving to the hair place, but when we got there she was sitting quietly in her car seat and she was sleeping after a while being in my arms. I know I'm pushing my luck because one of these days I will get to hear her screaming but not in the next couple days anyway.
Dave's knee is arthritis and the only thing to fix it is knee replacement. They gave him a shot in the knee and gave him anti-inflammatory medicine for now and said stay off of it for the next couple days. By October if he still has pain they can start with shots of lubricant in the knee and try that out, if that doesn't work, then knee replacement. He suggested he walk with a cane instead of the crutches so we went and got him a cane, I'm telling you the walker is next, I wonder if Uncle Bob has any xtras? :0)
Today we are headed out for a mini camping trip to Edna Calif with the Elks Lodge and will be back on Sunday. Should be fun the Elks group seem to be pretty nice, plus, we have been sitting so long now we need a mini trip to make sure we remember how to hook up and drive this beast.
Hopefully we won't have any mishaps, but if we do you know I'll write about them.

2 comments:

Berlyg said...

Well, that is easy to answer.. it would be Miss Madison. You see Dad everyday 24/7 and not Miss Madison 24/7. Miss Madison you see a couple of hours each day.

Danny said...

I would have to agree with my wife on this one. Sorry Dave, you had Jeri for more than 30 years, one day wouldnt hurt.