Thursday, August 24, 2006

Thursday, August 24th, yesterday Dave had to work most all day, I walked Valley around then drove into town. Gas again at Costco, at least it's under $3 dollars here, we are touring around so much that we have had to fill up every 4 days. I then went by and made an appointment for Valentine to be groomed today at 11:30. On the way back home I stopped by Fred Meyer's, Rosie had told me about them, it's a grocery store, clothing store ect. It is kind of like a super Walmart, but much more upper class, vision center, bank ect. In the afternoon Dave and I went and picked up Kelli and Alex and drove to Fairhaven for the farmers market there, a little disappointed because it was nothing like the farmers market on Saturday in Bellingham. Was hoping this one fruit vendor would be there but no such luck, but we did get more fresh vegtables and Dave got some nectarines. We then walked around this little town, I wish I would have known about it earlier because it was a nice little place. Alex and I went into this one little shop called Paws Awhile, which is run by the human society and the people that work there are all volunteers, I purchased a wiener dog door stop for Rosie and Bob. Then Kelli gave directions while I drove to see all the neat houses and the University. We did stop at this bread store called Great Harvest Bread Co., oh my gosh, what great bread. Kelli said the cinnamon rolls were to die for so we got a couple of those, one regular and one low cal., for breakfast Friday morning when we get on the road. Last night we all went to Stephani's, in Birch Bay, for a seafood dinner. This time Kelli's parents joined us, haven't seen them since the wedding, 5 years ago, and boy was it a good dinner. Very popular place and I think we ended up waiting about an hour but it was worth it for me, Dave ordered the King Salmon but it was a bit dry, but the steamed clams we ordered ahead of time were really good. Everyone else seemed to enjoy their dinner too, it was a bit cold to sit outside on the deck but we had too so you could watch the water and the sunset. We leave tomorrow, bummer, I really like this place, Dave says wait until winter then you won't like it. bye for now

No comments: