Sunday, May 24, 2009

Weekly Update

It was another busy week for us. The week started out with Kim and Danny's jury duty, which I already mentioned. Wednesday, Charlie and Gayle arrived at the RV Park, they are a couple we caravan with in Mexico. They had a dog named Dina and Valley and her were friends, Charlie was actually known as Uncle Chunky to all the dogs on that trip. If it was a shopping day in Mexico Charlie always stayed with the RV's and babysat the dogs, and boy he had good treats for them. They arrived late morning on Wednesday we did lunch at the RV restaurant then did dinner with Kim, Danny and Madison.



I don't believe I mentioned before that I had hurt my right knee about 6 weeks ago, right before we left to Arizona. I was lifting weights with my legs and heard/felt something happen. I then got on the treadmill and was jogging when the knee gave way. The next day I couldn't walk very well on it and Kim and Dave said ice it and take aleve. Needless to say I took it easy a couple days then would go back on the treadmill and hurt it again. It's been six weeks now and I haven't gone back on the treadmill but still walk and finally got in to see the doctor. Dave said don't be surprised if it is "the A word" arthritis, but it wasn't. The doctor said he believes I have a torn meniscus and the only way to fix it is with surgery. He said though they don't do the surgery unless you can't stand the pain anymore and since I'm not in pain right now I can go ahead and increase my exercises and see if the pain comes back. If it does, then call him and they will schedule an MRI of the knee and probably do surgery, just what we needed to hear right before we move.



My doctor's appointment was on Thursday, 5/21, at 9am so Dave went with me to help entertain Madison because it was a babysitting day. When we got back I started working with Madison again on crawling using her knees and not the army crawl. In the afternoon she did it, I was so surprised and excited. She was moving slow and she figured out that if she went back to the army crawl she could move alot faster, but we worked on it. Kim got home early Thursday and Madison was sleeping in her crib but when she woke she crawled from one side of the crib to the other, so Kim got to see that. Friday night when Danny got home I got to show him how she crawls, he was so excited to see it and thought she looked like a little frog crawling so slow. Danny gets home before Kim on Fridays.



Yesterday Dave and Danny poured cement on the rest of the patio. Kim was working, so I had to watch Madison, I did try to help as much as I could. The two of them worked really hard, it sure would have been alot easier if they had more people, but they did the best they could. Dave said Danny did alot of the work, which it should be because Danny is 34 years younger then Dave. They were both hurting after the work, we stayed long enough for Danny to take a shower before he went back to watching Madison before Kim got home, plus it was Laker Baskerball Day, which thank goodness they won. Dave and I went to the Jacuzzi so he could relax his muscles. So between the Motrin and Jacuzzi Dave felt great, Danny was still sore.



Today, Kim was working again, so Dave and I went over to the house so Danny and Dave could go shopping for BBQ's. Oh by the way, Danny and Kim sold their old BBQ on Craig's List, I guess as home owners they need everything needs to be new now. They have to have a BBQ for Miss Madison's birthday party, since they will be BBQing hot dogs and hamburgers.



I think that's it for now, this weekend, Sunday, we pick up the U-Haul truck in Simi get some stuff from David Jr. and from Brad and Diane. We are going down on Saturday will drive back up on Sunday and load the rest of our stuff. Hit the road on Monday for Arizona. Dave will drive the RV and pull the car, I'll drive the truck from U-Haul with all the stuff in it, fun fun. We decided when we come back on the 10th we will bring the RV, it's much easier and more peaceful for me.

I've posted new pictures too!

1 comment:

marisa said...

I love the new pictures and especially the videos of Mady walking. I can't believe she's already walking. She beat Inara. That just means more work for Kim is all. Haha. Can't wait to see Miss Mady this summer and have her and Inara play togeth.