Monday, May 18, 2009

Congratulations to Kim and Danny

Last Friday the house in Bakersfield closed escrow, Danny and Kim are official home owners now. Dave and I have no more ties to California, except family, but they say once you sell you can never come back because of the cost of houses, oh well. California's taxes are way too high for Dave and I anyway. Seriously tho, CONGRATULATIONS TO KIM AND DANNY.



Miss Madison is starting to walk, 10 months old and walking already, well kind of. Last Friday her and I were playing in her bedroom with a toy of her's that you can either stand at or sit and play with. It was set-up in the standing position so I sat behind her while she was playing with it. She got bored with it and managed to turn herself around to face me and I said "walk to me" and she did. It was only 4 steps but she did it, dummy me had forgotten to tell Danny when he got home from work. While Dave and I were having dinner that night I remembered and called them and told them. Kim said No Way, and I said yes just work with her and they did that night and have been doing it ever since. I swear she will be walking before she is a year old, we have also gotten her to use her knees a couple times but she still mainly crawls on her stomach (army style). It's cute, she has 2 little bruises on her knees from the crawling.

I know I mentioned before that her 2 top front teeth are coming in, well, she bit her Mom while we were at Bed,Bath and Beyond last week then she bit me on Thursday, let me tell you it really hurts. Needless to say she is getting little swats on the behind when she does it. As if she really can feel the swat through her diaper but she knows when she hurts you. She seems to understand the word biting now too.


Dave and I have been having fun shopping for household items for the AZ place. We are using our points we have earned on our visa card which adds up to about 3k, so thank goodness we don't have to use our cash for the stuff.



Today, Kim and Danny had jury duty, they got called into a court room in the afternoon and because they hadn't finished picking a jury yet they have to show up again tomorrow. When I got to THEIR house this morning I noticed the dining room table was gone. Good old Craig's list, they sold it, I said they should be getting rid of the glass tables in the living room, she said they are going tonight. The house is empty now, just about, I said I hope she keeps something for me to sit on while I babysit. Hopefully they will have new stuff by the time they have Madison's Birthday Party.

2 comments:

marisa said...

Why did they decide to get rid of the dining room table? Hooray for Miss Mady taking her first steps. Inara did the army crawl too. It looks so funny. She learned how to crawl normal style after she learned to walk. I say nip the biting real quick. Thank goodness Inara never got into that. Nor has she picked up the hitting stage. I know those are both difficult to break. How did they both get jury duty at the same time? That blows. Sorry for so many questions. I just know you will respond quicker than Kim since you're retired and she's not. Love you guys.

Jeri said...

I have no idea on the table, maybe they were tired of it being so high. The person who was going to buy the glass top tables hasn't shown up yet. The other day they sold their BBQ. I guess now that they own a house they need all new stuff.
Kim had gotten the jury duty notice 1st and picked a date then when Danny's showed up he called and requested the same date.
Madison is still doing the hitting thing but she hasn't done the biting think as far as I know