Wednesday, June 04, 2008

KIM was IN HOSPITAL AGAIN

Tuesday night, after Danny got home, he took her temperature again and it was 102.4, I think, and just when Danny was calling the doctor on his cell phone the doctor was calling him on the house phone. He told Danny to take Kim to the hospital where they started an IV, she was dehydrated again, low on potassium and they put her on Tylenol. Danny stayed until 1:30am then went back today, Wednesday, at 7am. Dave and I got to the hospital about 8am. They had gotten her fever down but the doctor said he would come by after his surgeries and check on her again, and if everything was OK he would release her. Dave left about 9am to work at the house. Danny didn't make it to work today, we kept trying to tell him to go to work but he has this fear that he will get a call that the baby is coming and he won't make it in time. He left the hospital about noon to go to the house and help Dave. The doctor said she could leave after she had her clear lunch and was able to hold it down. Kim and I left the hospital a little after 1pm and she went straight to bed once we got home. She has been sleeping the whole day now, Danny waking her up so she can drink water, so far so good right now.

I forgot to mention, Danny reminded me, that yesterday morning we had taken my car in because I have a "check engine" light lit on the dash. When Dave had to go over to Kim's to buy a thermometer and take her temp. then take her to the doctors, I had a hair appointment and I had no car. I jumped on the bike and had to ride over for my appointment, luckily, it wasn't miles away and the weather wasn't too hot.
They things we have to do for our kids!

2 comments:

marisa said...

First off, I love reading your blog. You have some of the funniest stories. Love the cable line one. Poor Danny. On to more important stuff, how is Kim doing? I will call you guys tomorrow to check in. I'm so glad she's going on disability already. Please tell her to take it easy and I'll talk to her soon. Love you guys! And yes, you are supposed to make LOTS of sacrifices for your kids. hee hee.

Jeri said...

We will be over at the house in the morning. Talked to Danny tonight and she is still sleeping and he keeps watching her temp. She just has to let the bug run thru her.
I just wish we could do one project around the house without something happening.
Love ya.