Wednesday, June 18, 2008

21 DAYS LEFT AND COUNTING/FINALLY AN UPDATE

Boy, a week has gone by already, sorry I'm behind in writing. Let's see what has been going on since last Wednesday.
Thursday morning we got all the dirt dug out and the forms set so we are ready to pour the cement, once the lawn grows in which will be about 4 to 6 weeks I think. So I'm sure by then we will have to do clean up in the area before we get to pouring the cement. We have the yard fenced off so Toby and Valley don't walk on where the lawn hopefully grows in, and that's why we can't pour cement yet, otherwise the dogs would have no place to go to relieve themselves. Then after Danny left for work Kim, Dave and I left for the movies to go see Sex in the City, good movie, we all sure miss that series. Thursday night was watching the Laker's lose to the Celtics, series wasn't looking good, we knew they had to win on Sunday night.

Since I'm writing this after the series now, we all know the Laker's lost, Bummer!!!
Very embarrassing game ending championship.

Friday, was getting nails done then going shopping for last minute stuff we needed for the baby shower on Saturday. The rest of the day was just hang out and be lazy.

Saturday, Kim and I drove down to Simi for her Baby Shower, we left early so David and Jodi could take pictures of Kim pregnant, one she was wrapped in a shear cloth and she had her bra off and I think that David's eyes are scorned forever, Jodi had to triple fold it so it wasn't sooooo see thru.
The baby shower turned out really fun, at least I think so. We didn't play a lot of games just a lot of visiting which was fine with me. Jodi did a great job of keeping things going, I just kept talking with everyone, Thank You Jodi.
Pictures are on our website if you want to see just go to:
www.picasaweb.google.com/altondw
I had taken a couple of the shear shots of Kim but I didn't post them, I figured she would rather have you see the professional ones that David and Jodi took.

Sunday, believe it or not, for Father's Day we went to Church with Danny and Kim. It was different, I don't know if I've ever been in a Church service where a band is playing and singing. I'm use to the old days where you just sit and listen to the preacher and in between everyone sings hems. We will go a couple more times to see if we really like it, I just don't understand why no one wants to sit next to me, something about lightning coming thru the roof and striking me down. :)
After church we went to the Elk's Lodge for a Father's Day brunch they were putting on. It was $10 per person, with champagne and all you can eat, and it was pretty good food. The only thing was their griddle didn't work so they were trying to do pancakes in a frying pan, no good. Kim made a comment that Danny was the only "brown person" there, that's so funny I don't even think about that, she is very prejudice. Anyway, while we were getting the stuff we wanted in our omelets Danny is whispering to me not to leave him a lone. Dave had taken off one way, and Kim had taken off another, so Danny didn't want to be standing there all alone since we didn't know anyone, we had a good laugh with that.
After breakfast we went to Babies R Us to return the dressing table that Kim and Danny had gotten and they ended up getting a different dressing table and picked up a crib too. Our gift to them was the mattress, fitted sheet and the changing pillow for the new changing table. Once we got home we set up the baby's room, it looks great, getting very excited now. While Kim and I were setting up the baby room, Danny and Dave were having a playoff on the Wii with the Tiger Woods PGA Tour, they were tied going into Sunday and I believe Dave won the tournament.

Monday, Dave worked on Kim's computer and washed some of the floors with the wood cleaning machine. Kim and I went thru the rest of the baby gifts and put them away and did house cleaning and laundry. Went and returned stuff to Wal-mart and Target and got the rest of the baby's bedding for the crib, look at the pictures it is really cute. We even got the hall closet cleaned out and the baby's stuff has room now, will see how long that lasts.

Tuesday, Danny and Kim took Danny's car into the shop, by us, to have an oil change then the two of them walked over to the coach. Thank goodness it wasn't too late in the morning with the heat here I think Danny is trying to get Kim to go into labor with the walk he made her do. The rest of the day, Dave finished fixing Kim's computer, and he and I also put up the TV in the baby's room so when Kim is on the treadmill she can watch TV while the baby sleeps. (will see if that works, I'm sure when the baby sleeps she will be sleeping too)

Wednesday, we hung around the coach, no work today at Kim's. We picked Kim up and went to the movies in the afternoon, this time it was "Baby Mama". It was a chick flick, Dave kept saying he was going to leave, but didn't. The price of the movie was right, $1.50 plus it got us out of the 100 degree heat for a couple hours.

Forgot to mention, saw Kim's doctor on Monday, and July 9th is the date so that means 21 days left and counting.

PS, my condolence to Danny for the Laker's

1 comment:

marisa said...

I can't believe only 21 days left!!! I'm so excited. I can't wait to meet Baby G. As for Kim's comment, I'm beginning to think she's got a complex about her "brown" hubby. She better be careful or people might start calling her the "white" wife.