Monday, March 24, 2008

HAPPY BELATED EASTER/BACK IN CALIFORNIA

Happy belated Easter to everyone, hope you had a good one. We drove from Las Cruces New Mexico to Casa Grande Arizona, and were just to tired to do anything once we got parked in the RV Park. It must have been the 50's street dancing we did the night before, well, mainly I danced with a group of ladies, it was fun. The music they played was more of the 60's then the 50's tho.
Sunday night we stayed in AZ and this morning we got going about 7am and are now in Palm Desert, CA staying in a Thousand Trails RV Park. Dave did all of the driving today but I did most of it yesterday, the last 2 days haven't been that exciting, EXCEPT yesterday when I was driving. We had our CB Radio on, of course, and there were some truck drivers that were going to either kick the shit out of each other or shoot each other. This white guy kept using the "N" word and said he had a 9mm gun and was going to either shoot this "N" word guy or fight him, it was the black truck drivers choice, plus, the white guy said he just got out of prison for killing a man so he had no problem killing another one. The white guy then gave a description of what he was driving and kept offering to pull over. I look behind me and there he was, boy was I nervous and let him go by me. Then for awhile it was quite, next thing you here two black guys, in two different trucks are looking for this white guy. Again I look behind me and there are the 2 trucks with the black guys in them and boy I let them by me too. They kept cussing out each other and calling each other names, then when we got close to Tucson we stopped hearing them on the CB's so we don't know if they pulled over or just got out of range for our CB. Very exciting stuff, I kept wanting to get on the radio and say "guys, guys, it's Easter Sunday relax" but I don't talk on that thing.
Today while Dave was driving a couple from Fantasy RV, another touring group like Adventure Caravans, kept talking to us, he even tried to get us to become Caravan employees of Fantasy when we stopped and talked to them at a rest stop. Nothing exciting like the CB radio talk yesterday, but it is fun to talk to people over the CB, or at least it is for Dave. I just enjoy listening to all the truck drivers talking and giving warnings of the "Bears" in the area.
Tomorrow we will be back in Bakersfield right before Kim's Birthday and our Anniversary.

No comments: