Sunday, March 02, 2008

All Alone

Yesterday we got going from Amado, Arizona and headed for Cottonwood, Arizona and the drive was about 5 hours long. We got to 1000 Trails and while just starting to drive around and look for a campsite Dave cut a corner too sharp and we hit a bolder and wood post, oh well another dent. Luckily I spotted the post in time or else we might have really done some damage, as it was we hadn’t finished the turn yet. We had to get out and unhook the car, then I got behind the wheel of the RV and Dave guided me on how to get the RV out of that situation. Most of the dents, so far knock on wood, have been to this one panel on the RV so it looks like we will just have to replace the one panel, but we will hold out for a while just in case. We got all set up then had to make a run to Wal-Mart, remember we had just about eaten everything that was in our refrig and freezer except all the seafood we had brought back. We just got enough for Saturday night’s dinner and for Sunday. Will restock everything next week when we get back from Bakersfield.
While sitting around it had donned on us that this was the 1st time since January 13th that we were alone. Since January 14th, we have either been with family, friends or our new friends from our Mexico Caravan. I guess we should get use to it since we really don’t have any friends, or at least that’s what our daughter tells us. When we stop motor homing and move into a house in Arizona then she can say we really don’t have friends, because the only person we know in Cottonwood is the real estate agent, who I do keep in touch with.
Today we are alone too, so I’m doing laundry, emails, pictures and blogging and Dave is shopping at Home Depot, things are back to normal, god we are exciting people. We do have TV back so at least we don’t have to stare at each other, and I must say I sure didn’t miss those stupid commercials. Plus, we have phone service back too, we are so use to not using a phone that every time we leave now we forget our phones, or at least Dave does, I had no problem hooking that to my side again.
I must say it is nice being back in the U.S. and being able to go walking around with Valley again, there aren’t tons of lose dogs running around like there were in Mexico. I must say though the people in Mexico are a hell of a lot friendlier then they are back in the states. In Mexico everyone says Ola(Hi) you need any kind of help they stop and help you no questions asked. We get back here and walking around the park and say Hi to someone and they ignore you or a void eye contact, weird how that works. That’s alright; I’ll take the U S of A any old day.
This is the last blog for a week, not taking my computer down to California with us, will get all caught up when I get back.

No comments: