Friday, March 14, 2008

Friday Night and House Inspections Done

After my 7 mile walk, Dave and I rode our bikes to the pickle ball courts at a little after 8:30 this morning. The last few days when we get there at 10 a few people have bitched, since they think we are the youngest, that we only showed up after the old folks were tired. We showed up early this time and got to play a lot because some people didn't show up, that normally do. Dave and I don't play as partners, everyone just keeps switching around, that way you learn more. My biggest hang up is serving, the underhand is killing me, otherwise, they are amazed at the way I play. If they hit it short, I will normally get it, long I get it, but don't get me wrong I still miss some of the stupid ones that I shouldn't miss, but I have to admit I am pretty good at it, but Dave is really good. Anyway, it is a lot of fun and one hell of a workout. By the end of the day, at least the last few days I have been getting in about 10 miles a day if not more. Maybe if I keep this up I could possibly lose some weight some day, if not at least I might be in shape, don't know what the shape is called, but it is some kind of shape.
This afternoon we went and did an inspection of our rental units in Cottonwood and Cornville. Everything is looking pretty good but some work still needs to be done by the rental company for the Cottonwood house. The work that was ordered to be done last year when we did a walk thru was done horribly and we have told the rental company to have it redone, which they agreed to do. The renters knew it was bad work but never said anything, they didn't want to bitch about the work because they want to stay in the house, but we told them the work will be redone and if it doesn't get done right this time, call the rental company. But really the rental company shoulc come out and inspect the work to make sure it was done right.
Enough of that, we leave tomorrow and will be in Tucson for 2 nights, we will meet Jeff, on the way, for a late breakfast/early lunch, haven't seen him since Kim's wedding last August. Then on the 17th we are headed for Las Cruces, New Mexico, which I'm sure I'll mention a few more times on by blog from Tucson.

No comments: