Tuesday, June 26, 2007

June 26, 2007 it's been another week in Bakersfield, and I guess I should do another update. Kim said last night, to me, that I haven't been updating lately and I said we're in Bakersfield doing nothing, so there's nothing much to talk about.
The last blog I had mentioned that we had taken golf lessons, we had another lesson yesterday. Golf is a tough sport, there's a lot to remember, how to hold the club, the swing, keeping your eye on the ball ect. From last weeks lesson I was sorer on Thursday then on Wednesday but to tell the truth we are both still sore. Danny joined us on Thursday and has been practicing with us just about everyday, we even got Kim out there hitting the ball. Kim and Danny both said we can teach them what we learn that way they don't have to take lessons too. Last Wednesday Dave was too sore to go to Salsa dancing so we didn't go and this week is the last class so I know we won't go to that either. It doesn't break my heart like I had said before the teacher wasn't that good anyway. Last Saturday was Carla and Jessica's, Danny's nieces, birthday party, but it was also a 30th birthday party for Shawn, our nephew. So Dave and I drove to Palmdale to Danny's sister's house and visited for a little while then headed for Garden Grove for Shawn's party. That L.A. traffic just sucks, it took us over 2 hours to get there, I told them when we finally made it that this was the last time I make this drive. After the party Dave and I spent the night at Mike and Trini's house, we all sat up until after 11pm talking and laughing. Sunday morning we hit the road and drove to Simi Valley to pick up Dave's car keys and Kim's book that were at David Jr's house. We visited with David and Jodi, and went over the picture taking times for the wedding. We were going to go visit some people but we both were tired and wanted to get on the road to Bakersfield before the traffic got to bad. Besides on Saturday, before we left, Dave had picked up a sliding pull out shelve for the basement of the motor home and wanted to get back to install it. We went by Kim's to pick up Valley, since she stayed there for a sleep over, and Dave asked Danny if he would help him install the slider. We had planned on cooking dinner for them but it took Dave and Danny longer then they thought, so we ended up going out to Olive Garden, boy I sure love their Salad and bread sticks. So last night Danny came over after work and the 3 of us went to hit golf balls again while Kim was at her pump class. A little after 6 we all met at the motor home and fixed Fajitas and that's just about it for now. Very exciting stuff, this Thursday we take the motor home in for a tune-up and then head out for Simi. Dave and Brad go diving this Saturday then on Sunday we are going to Santa Barbara for a couple weeks.

2 comments:

marisa said...

What the heck is a pump class? Or do I even want to know what my little cousin is doing? ha ha

Jeri said...

The pump class is working with weights, stretching, lundges with the weights ect. When we 1st got to Bakersfield I went to class with her and I kept up better then the ones that were 1/2 my age.