Tuesday, June 19, 2007

June 19, 2007 almost another week has passed us by, boy time flies when you're here in Bakersfield, thank goodness too because it is darn hot here. Last weekend here at the RV park it was their Grand Opening, so they did a lot of advertising trying to get a lot of people here. They maybe almost filled up 1/2 of the resort, this place is really nice but not cheap they need to do better then that if they want to stay open and not have live-ins here. Of course too, this isn't the best time to camp in Bakersfield, it's darn hot here like I said earlier. All the balloons they had out kept popping because it was hot here last weekend. Enough of that.
Last Saturday was Kim's surprise graduation party, and Danny pulled it off, of course with a lot of help from family. The plan was to go to Danny's niece's birthday party at his parents house in North Hollywood, well, when Danny's sister sent Kim and Danny their invitation she put her Palmdale address by mistake, so we had to figure out how to fix that. Remember from the last blog Kim and I had been at the jewelers on Sunday, in Simi, looking for Danny's ring and I managed to tell Pauline that we would be back the following Saturday for Kim's surprise party. On Tuesday, like I said on the last blog, Dave and I drove to Thousand Oaks to meet with our financial advisor, on the drive back Danny called and said Kim doesn't want to drive down to the b/day party because she was tired of driving down every weekend so Danny could go by himself. When we got back Kim was at the motor home because we had asked her to come by and let Valley out since we were gone all day. We started talking about the weekend and she didn't know that Dave and I were going to go to the birthday party too with them, so I think that made her feel a little better about driving down south again. (I had also told her we hadn't seen Bibi's and Fernando's house yet in Palmdale and we were looking forward to it.) Now the next thing was to somehow change the b/day party to North Hollywood. Danny had Bibi call and say the party was in N. Hollywood because all of the kids friends were there, well Kim didn't answer her phone and Bibbi had left a message. When Kim got off work she called Bibbi back and Karla, the oldest, answered the phone and Kim said "so the parties at Grandma and Grandpa's" and Karla says "NO it's here at our house, Mom Kim thinks the party is at Grandma's but it's here" Bibi gets on the phone real fast and tells Kim they had to change it to N. Hollywood and the girls didn't know yet. Kim then calls me and said it isn't in Palmdale but N. Hollywood and since we are going down that way why don't we go by the jewelers for Danny's ring, then I said "that's a good idea" and since it is going to be Riley's birthday I need to drop off Riley's present so I don't have to mail it, she says no problem. (Riley is David's stepdaughter) As we are driving down she isn't to happy with me because I am driving slow, I told her I'm retired and am saving on gas. When we are going into Simi she wants to stop at David's because she has to go to the bathroom, we all say NO we will go at Macy's right by the jewelers. We all stalled as long as we could, even Pauline at the jewelers said "does she know yet" and I told her No go slow. Kim was very mad because we were running so late to get to Danny's parents house so when we got to David's she said just drop the presents off for Riley, we said No you can go in and at least say HI. As we got to the door and it opened and the people that were there yelled SURPRISE she was really surprised. Her mouth dropped open and she had a look like what in the hell is going on and we can't stay because we have a party to go to, until she saw Danny's niece's there. We got her and I have to say I don't really want to do that again, to much pressure and I don't need that anymore. It was a great party, Thank you to David and Jodi for hosting it, it was a lot of fun.
Now today, Dave and I took our 1st golfing lessons, I just know we will be hurting tomorrow, it was fun though. Last winter when we were here in Bakersfield the golf places we went into they all said "go to Jose's Golf Range" for lessons so that's what we did. The teacher is Chang Bok Kim and I can't understant a thing he says, he is the one that owns Jose's. The lessons went well though, at least for me, I have never done this before and he said I did really well, at least I think that's what he said. Will see tomorrow how sore I'm going to be, but I'll give it another try, the friends we are meeting in Canada, after the wedding, like golfing and would like to go golfing with them at some time. I think that's it for now, Valley ended up hurting her leg again trying to jump on the couch, and didn't quite make it, so she is limping more again, she just has to keep working on getting those leg muscles stronger.

1 comment:

marisa said...

I love that you are taking golf lessons now. I'm jealous. I desperately need to take lessons, but obviously I can't right now being pregnant and all. But golfing is definitely a sport I can see doing the rest of my life. It's frustrating as heck at times, but I really do enjoy it thanks to Shawn who wishes he could golf every day rather than sit behind a computer for 8 hours.