Friday, June 01, 2007

Friday early evening, June 1, 2007. June already, where has the year gone? It's been officially a year since we moved into the motor home, I've thought about the Simi house once and missed it but it didn't last long. All and all the time has flown by, I don't mind keeping this up for a while longer. Who knows, we might even make Dave's 5 year plan, but I'm not ready to hold my breath yet, but right now if we just keep moving I think I could go longer then 5 years. Maybe I'm afraid of stopping, if I do I would probably have to find a job and my only prospects would be a Wal-Mart greeter because at the end of this year I'm going to be 50 and who the hell wants to hire someone 50?

Anyway, I'll try and recap the week, since I last wrote, which I believe was Sunday.

Monday, May 28th, was Dave's "60th" birthday. Happy belated birthday to him, I was there so this is only a belated birthday wish for the blog. Anyway, I got him an ipod for his music to listen to when he starts walking with me, hint hint. He is going to retire again at the end of July so he has no excuse,( no, I can't go walking because I have morning meetings, won't work anymore). We went over to Kim and Danny's at 8 am so Dave and Danny could work on putting up the gate in the backyard so PG&E could get in the back yard and read the meter without the dogs attacking them. We have gotten warning notices from PG&E so this had to be done, bummer Dave had to work on it on his b/day. Monday night we all went to dinner at Outback Steakhouse so he could have his Prime rib dinner.

Tuesday, I went to JC Penney's, while Dave was working, looking for the "Mother of the Bride" dress. I had an idea of what Kim would like me to wear because we looked at some the Saturday before when we went to get the Flower Girls dresses. Well any way, I ended up purchasing "3" dresses at Penney's and told them when I paid for them that I would be bringing back at least 2 if not 3, it all depended on what my daughter liked, and they said No Problem.

On Wednesday early evening I went to the gym with Kim and I think she was trying to kill me, but it didn't work, we went to a kind of work out class. You do a lot of stretching, lunging with weights and abs, and if I must say I believe I kept up with the class. Even as fat as I am I did better then some of the girls that are 1/2 my age, they kept quitting and I didn't. Kim gave me a bad time because I was sweating so much but at least I kept up, she even said that to Danny and Dave, she didn't sweat at all but mom did. See if I go with her again.

When we got back from the workout, Kim and Danny fixed dinner then I went in and tried on my dresses for them to judge. Well needless to say the "Mother of the Bride" dress is picked out. Now that Dave has his tux measurements done and I have my dress picked out it is really starting to feel real to me.

Thursday Dave and I returned the dresses I wasn't going to keep and got some bridal gifts for the bridal shower on Saturday.

No comments: