Saturday, May 12, 2007

May 12, 2007 we arrived at Hi-Way Haven RV Park in Sutherlin Oregon yesterday afternoon. We did drive thru Junction City and pick up our table then thru Eugene and picked up our new rugs. Everything looks great and today we drove into Roseburg and picked up a lamp, for Dave's desk, and a throw for the chair, we are really getting into this decorating stuff. Last night we had dinner at Marty's and it was unbelievable, the crab cakes and the fish tacos were Fabulous.
At 4:30, yesterday, Valley had her vet appointment, the vet took off the bandage and her poor foot was just raw on top. The bandage had gotten wet and started shreding on the bottom so Dave duck taped it, well that shouldn't have been done. It just kept all the moisture in there and just rubbed her foot raw, the vet said it's like a real bad diaper rash. She was shaking so much and in so much pain, I just couldn't take it. I wanted to put her down but Dave wasn't going for it so I walked out. She was nawing at her foot and if you stopped her she would just kick the wall because of the pain, I just couldn't stand watching it. The vet came back in and gave her another shot to calm her down then Dave brought her out to the car so I could sit with her in the back. Dave went back in and got more pain pills, antibiotics, and a spray to put on her foot if she starts digging at it. We then had to go get upsom salt to soak her foot in, boy was that fun to do when we got back to the coach. Then I filled her up with all the pills plus added 3 benadryl, then sprayed her foot and about 1/2 hour later she was sleeping. We put the cone on her and locked her in the bathroom and headed out for Marty's.
Today, like I said earlier, we went to Roseburg and shopped, then went to Oakland Oregon because they had a car show going on, great looking old old cars and trucks.
Valley's foot does look better today and she isn't licking it, but the walking isn't very good. When she had the bandage on at least she would walk on it, now she mostly limps, she doesn't want to put that foot really down yet. I'm sure it is still sore plus she doesn't have the protection of the bandage anymore, I'm still towel walking her, or I should say vest walking her and I have to do that for the next 4 weeks, at least. Dave ordered the correct back leg vest for Valley and had it delivered to Harrisburg but it didn't show up in time so we did a forwarding to Blaine, Washington. Then it didn't show up there either before we left so hopefully Kelli, Rosie or Robert can pick it up for us next week and get it to me before we leave Oregon. I should could use the correct vest, this one chokes her at times. Anyway, either way I believe this will be Valley's last trip in the coach, maybe I'll take Chelsey from Kim and she can have Valley back.
That's it for now.

No comments: