Friday, May 18, 2007

Friday early evening May 18, 2007 let's see I haven't written since Tuesday it's time to get caught up again. Tuesday I did get my nails done and then just hung out at the rig. Wednesday when I was leaving for the dealership I couldn't turn the ignition on and when I pulled my key out, the knob on the ignition fell off. I was able then to start the car and go to the dealership where I sat for 4 1/2 hours. The "service engine soon" light was because of a leaking purge solinoid, which could wait to be fixed for when we got back to Bakersfield. The ignition switch was a damaged lock cylinder, and cover which the tech told me something had been done to the ignition area and was broken off. To fix it we need to have the whole ignition area we placed, which could wait for Bakersfield. So the only thing that was done was an oil change and the filters changed. When I told Dave about the ignition he said the locksmith that Marty got had broken the ignition, I had forgotten about the keys Marty had made. When I went to Marty's for breakfast, this morning after Valley's vet appointment, I asked Marty about the locksmith. He said he remembered the locksmith mentioning that he needed some glue, but didn't really think about what he needed glue for, that locksmith broke it and knew it but didn't say anything. Dave said we can't prove it so will see if we get it fixed in Bakersfield. Anyway, so my Wednesday was sitting at the dealership, Thursday I went to the Wildlife Safari in Winston Oregon. That was really neat, I have to say I got a little scared too. You actually drive thru the areas where the wild animals are, and in one area the Wildebeest or American Bison, can't remember which one, were right there in the road and wouldn't let you by. I was the only car there at first then others showed up after me, wait till you see the pictures I took, boy I hope they come out. I even got some pictures of the medical team working on a cheetah, don't know what was wrong but a lot of park ranger trucks were rushing to the area. While driving thru the wild animal park you are suppose to keep your windows closed and don't even think about getting out of your cars. It was fun. Valley had her last Oregon vet visit and she is doing OK for it only being 3 weeks, I got her xrays and medical records to take back with us. Dave called and his flights have been changed and now he doesn't get into Eugene until 2 a.m. Saturday, boy it's going to be a long night. I told him to call me from Vegas, to wake me up, and hopefully I'll make it to Eugene by 2am, will see.
Rob called today and Valley's new vest/sling finally showed up in Blaine Washington and since we are leaving tomorrow I asked him to send it to Bakersfield. That's it for now, will write more on Saturday or Sunday.

No comments: