Saturday, October 21, 2006

Saturday, October 21, 2006 leaving Cottonwood this morning and heading for Laughlin, Nevada to stay there for a week. We couldn’t find a house we wanted to buy in our price range, we did really like one but it was a bit more then what we wanted to pay. Anyway, I’ll try and recap the last few days.
Wed. Oct. 18 I took Valley for a long walk then at 9am we met a rep. from the Rental Place to do a walk thru of our rentals. The renters are really nice and they are doing a good job at keeping up the places. Dave had to get back because of work, so Valley and I walked around then I relaxed in the sun reading my book. Before meeting Gail, the real estate person, I went for a bike ride while Dave was working. I was riding all around the park then on the way back there was a big snake in the road. My guess is it was about 3 feet long and that is way to long for me. This car was coming down the road and I thought dead snake now, but I couldn’t do it, I told the driver to watch out and he went partially off the road to go around the snake. At 3 we went with Gail and looked at about 7 different houses. There were 2 we liked but 1 we were really interested in, it was perfect for parking an RV in. The 2 houses were almost identical and were 10 years apart in age, funny, so Dave looked it up and it was the same builder who had just made a few changes on the newer one. One of the houses was set in the middle of the property and the other one was set on one side. We were interested in the house on the side of the lot that way there was plenty of room to build a garage for the RV.

Thursday Oct. 19th after walking Valley and Dave getting his morning phone calls done we went to the City of Cottonwood to get the zoning rules for Zeptic Tanks and the plans on the house we were interested in. We then went back out to the house with Gail to do some measuring of the property. We then came back to the coach and Dave started making phone calls to see if we could make this work if we purchased the house. While he was doing that I went bike riding and on the way back I saw another snake, this one was only about a foot long and was headed into the camp host site. When I got back Dave and I sat outside and discussed all the stuff he had found out and we came to the conclusion that we would be too negative in the monthly income to do this right now. Rents are only going between 900 and 1000 and if we purchased the house the payment would be a lot more and we just feel we shouldn’t get into this now. Dave called Gail and told her that this one was a no go but keep her eyes open for something that is more in the price range that we wanted to stay in.

Friday Oct. 20th after walking Valley Dave and I went on a bike ride together. Dave wanted to try the mountain bike trail that Ranger Randy had told him about. Now for me I prefer to stay on the roads but for Dave I agreed to go on the dirt and rock mountain trail. I’ll tell you right now, I hate mountain biking, the tires slip on the rocks I was sure I was going to go flying off the bike. We made it to the end of the trail, about a mile in I guess, and we parked the bikes and walked around. While Dave was scraping the mud off his tires I saw a stick on my tire and went to wipe if off and kaboom. That stick fell off and the gel or goo that was put in my tire blew out on my fingers and the air just kept coming out of my tire. So needless to say I had to walk my bike back to the coach. If I remember right I believe that was what Randy Ranger said would happen, if we didn’t get that gel stuff for my tires. We did get the gel and I still ended up with a flat tire, no more mountain biking for me. So after we got showered and changed Dave, Valley and I drove back to Sedona to get my tire fixed. I stayed outside with Valley while Dave took the bike in and the guy said I had a big foreign object in my tire which could have been a stick so there was no way the gel could have held that. When we got back Dave and I took off for “Out of Africa Wildlife Park” in Camp Verde. That was pretty neat, much better then any zoo, because the animals come right up to the fences or even stick their heads into the buses. The lions, tigers, bears, wolves ect all come to the fence and you are only about 4 ft away from them. When we went on the bus ride the giraffes put their head in the bus to get the carrots from you that the bus driver had given us, pretty neat.
That was our exciting last 3 days so now it’s Saturday morning and we need to now pack up things and get ready to leave.
Bye for now

No comments: