Friday, October 06, 2006

October 6, 2006 Friday morning, early, today we leave for the festival, will finally see if this was all worth it. Dave has a 9 am meeting then we plan on leaving after that, the group we are meeting said to just get there before 3:30, don't want to miss out on the tram ride and dinner with our new friends.
Yesterday, I told you that Dave and I had taken Valley for a long walk, then after that Dave had work and I played on the computer for a while. After showering and getting dressed I decided to take Valley for a walk again. I started walking down the highway towards town to see how the road was and to see if I would be able to ride my bike into town, I hadn't really planned on walking all the way into town, but we did. It was about 2 miles into town and we only ran into 1 snake in the road, it was a small one but it was a snake. Of course because I hadn't planned on walking all the way I didn't bring any water or money with me. On the way back at a little shopping center Valley said "that's enough" and how she says that is she finds a shady spot and she lays down. I should have called Dave then to pick us up but I knew he had a conference call at that time, so I let Valley rest until she was really to go again. I kept looking around for water for her but never found any and since I had no money I couldn't buy any either. When we got back Dave was still on the phone and Valley went straight for the water. She drank a full bowl then laid down, then she would get up again and drink more water, lay down, up more water over and over again. I finally said lets go outside it's cooler outside, I got her water and we went out. She would lay down, get up, lay down, get up Dave came outside and started rubbing her muscles. She laid down got up and started crying, I then sat there for a half hour rubbing her leg muscles, I guess I walked her too much and she had cramps. It was up hill all the way back to camp and I just have to remember that she is old. Her crying scared me, I had never seen anything like it before, Dave said that's it, you can't walk her that far anymore without water. The rest of the day we just stuck around, Dave worked on replacing our server for our computers and I worked on putting all the chairs and things away, doing my word search, reading my book and watching TV. Dave didn't feel like cooking on the BBQ so we ended up getting a pizza and I made a salad for dinner.
That's it for yesterday, will see what today brings.
See ya

No comments: