Wednesday, October 04, 2006

October 4, 2006 Wednesday and we just got back from the continental breakfast that this rv park has every morning if you aren't on a monthly rate. Since we were planning on being here for a month we didn't go the last two days. You see Dave managed to get us kicked out of the park yesterday so they switched us to a daily rate and refunded us for the monthly rate we had already paid. We have to be out by noon today. It wasn't all Dave's fault this place was really being unreasonable. You see because of the balloon festival we were going to have to move to electrical only, which was OK, then on the 15th we could move back to full hookup again. In my walking around the park I told Dave that the place we have to move to is gated in so we needed to see where we keep our car at because I didn't see the rv park open the gates until 8 am. So in the afternoon yesterday Dave was on his way to Home Depot but stopped by the office first. Next thing I know he is calling me on the phone and telling me to get out the Trailer Life book and find us another campground to go to. Sure enough the electrical spots don't open up until 8 am and close at 8 pm so you are stuck in there between those times. Dave said that's bullshit because the Festival starts at 5:45 am every morning but yet we are trapped in. The manager said that's the rules and he isn't changing them for anyone, so I guess that's when they decided to give us back our money, they have a NO REFUND rule but Dave bitched enough that they made an exception and said "see ya" He drove back and started calling campsites, which of course are full because of the up coming festival. We ended up finding one that could give us water and electrical hookup only until 10/9 then give us full hookup after that. So that was our excitement in the early afternoon. In the evening the couple next door to us that are in a 5th wheel said they had a spot for camping in the Balloon Festival with a group called "Ozark Schooners" and they had to cancel because they can't dry camp. They didn't know that dry camping was with no hookups at all, they thought there would be at least electrical. Their 5th wheel isn't set up at all for dry camping. So they contacted the Ozark group and asked if they could sell us their spot and they said no problem. So on the 6th we will meet the other 30 coaches that are with the Ozark group and go park inside the Balloon Festival campground. We even get to go with them to the Friday night dinner they have planned. I'm looking at the schedule now and at 3:30 Friday 10/6 we depart for the tram to the top of the Sandia Mountains. At 5 we have dinner at High Finance Restaurant(spectacular view up and down with lights of Albuquerque) I'm copying this from the schedule. Every morning they have a continental breakfast too. Not to shabby I guess, plus we get to meet people that belong to another RV group. That was our exciting evening.
Now for me, yesterday morning Valley and I walked around the park for an hour. Then at 10:30 I went for a bike ride, a long bike ride. It was probably about 5 or 6 miles, I know it doesn't sound like much but my private parts aren't used to that bike seat yet. The ride started out pretty easy, I rode up and down the rows in the RV Park then went out on the street. I took this road that seemed pretty easy until I turned around to come back. I hadn't realized that the road was gradually headed down hill, so needless to say on the way back it was up hill. ( My legs are OK this morning but my back muscles hurt.) When I got back Dave and Valley were sitting outside because our carpet was being cleaned inside the coach. The guy said it would be about 2 hours for the carpet to dry so we sat outside and read our books, at about 2 is when Dave was headed for Home Depot and the rest is history. Dave did finally make it to Home Depot to buy us runner rugs for the coach now that we had the carpets cleaned.
That's it for now

No comments: