Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Wednesday morning, August 6, 2006, guess what, we are still here at camp Monaco. One part came in yesterday morning, and more in the afternoon I guess, because we just called to see if we should bring the rig over and the repair guy said to bring it over at 10 a.m. We didn't actually get to talk to him so don't really know. Even if it gets done, which I doubt, we didn't plan on leaving until Friday because of Dave's work plus that's when we told the Elkton RV park we would be there.
After my last blog, I mentioned it was early Friday evening, after that our fellow RVer's got together for Happy Hour. There was an open spot between us and Clark so that ended up being the Happy Hour spot. It actually started Thursday night but it was just all the guys, Friday night I looked out the window and a lady was sitting with the guys. I walked out and asked her how she got to join the boys group, she said Bullshit to the boys group, she was joining so then so did I. Her name is Bobbie, her husband is Gene and they have been full timers for 11 years. Next thing you know there were about 20 of us and then we all started bringing appetizers and just had a real good time, we all went back to our rigs about 8 pm.
Saturday we drove up to Elkton stopped at Marty's restaurant for a few minutes then walked over to the Elkton RV Park to check out the spots. While there a big rig was just pulling in and we wanted to watch and see if that size rig would really fit, because the spaces didn't look that big. They pulled in a the lady got out and Dave started talking to her and asking if she thought their satelite dish would work. She said it would because they come there all the time then she asked him why we were there Dave said my wife's brother owns a restaurant here and we were visiting. She asked who my brother was and Dave said Marty Tomaselli and she came running over to me to meet Marty's sister. She then went in her coach and next thing I know her husband comes running out because he just had to meet Marty's sister. He was Judge Garrison and he said he didn't know Marty had a sister. We went back to the restaurant and Marty says "Don't tell anyone your my sister, I don't want anyone to know" asshole, but boy did I keep using his name, of course everyone knows Marty and we seem to get card blanch everyone we mentioned his name to and who I was. We drove up to the house to visit with Dayna which was real nice Dave and her got to talk a lot about diving. Marty came home for a little while to rest before he had to get all set up for the Luau and Playbill he was in. I left after him to go to their little festival and Dave stayed with Dayna to help with the problem they had with their water pressure and flood in their pump house. Anyway, not much there a couple craft booths, fresh vegetable booth, food places and the winery booths. I think they have about 3 winerys there so I stopped there just to ask if they have tours, they said when they aren't busy then I mentioned Marty. It worked again, everyone just had to meet me, they said they didn't know Marty even had family, just kidding I think, but they did seem to know about Mike, so they thought he only had a brother. At 5 the Play started and it was called "Echoes of the Umpqua, 2006: A Year in the Life of Fort Umpqua" Marty was playing a Hawaii harvester I guess, corny play but fun, I wish Mike would have been there, he would have torn Marty apart. Marty even sang a christmas song in Hawaiian, very funny. Dave got it on video, we hope, he is trying to publish now.
Got to cut off now, we have to take the coach in, will write more later.

No comments: