Friday, September 15, 2006

Friday, September 15, 2006 7am Let me start off telling Kelli Miller "Happy Birthday" We hope you have a great day. If those of you that read this blog, don't remember, we visited Robert, Kelli, Alex and Rosie in Ferndale Washington.
Yesterday we hung around town all day, Dave had some work in the morning, then we went walking around with Valley. I showed Dave the spot where we could walk down the Umpqua River, which we did, then walking where Valley and I had found the snake that one day. It was where the Elkton Festival was held. While walking back on the highway we saw a deer, but, the deer was laying down right outside the tennis court of the high school. Valley wanted to run down the hill but with the deer not getting up, but it was looking at us, we knew something was wrong. I thought maybe it was on the road and a vehicle came by and it leaped and broke it's leg on landing because it is a high hill. We walked by the restaurant and I asked Marty if there was a vet in town, he said he wasn't paying for a vet and it was probably hit and crawled down there, not to worry it happens all the time. I told Dave I would check later to see if the deer was still there.
We had lunch at Marty's, which was great and tonight we will have dinner with him. After lunch we walked over to the winery that's across the street to do wine tasting. While there another couple came in and asked if I was Marty's sister, they said they saw us at the Elkton Festival and they thought I looked like him, which Marty won't be happy to hear. After the wine tasting we came back to the rig and Dave worked on the website and I took Valley for a walk. We walked to the High School and went to the tennis court and sure enough the deer was there but was dead. The deer's leg was broke but what upsets me is it had been shot in the neck. I called Marty on his cell, which he never remembers to carry with him, and left him a message that someone had shot the deer and he should be worried because what happens if they had hit a kid instead of the deer. I didn't hear back from Marty so he probably didn't even hear the message, I'll check with him this morning.
Dave got to concentrating so much on Marty's website that it got to late to BBQ dinner so I ended up going up to Marty's Restaurant and ordered a pizza for us. While walking up there with Valley it finally started to rain. Dave could hear the rain and drove up to the restaurant to pick us up, he said he hates the smell of a wet dog ( I hope he was talking about Valley). We had the Marty Special Pizza which once the website is done you can looked up the menus and see what's on the pizza, and of course it was great. We stay here much longer and keep eating at Marty's we will be broke in no time. Tonight I'll let him buy dinner for us for payment of the website.
Anyway, it's suppose to rain again today but so far it's just overcast and cool, but the ugh Boots sure are nice having now.
Bye for now

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys! Thank you so much for the birthday wishes! The party was a blast and a complete surprise. Wish you could have been here.