Friday, September 08, 2006

Friday 5 am in the morning September 9, 2006 boy I am so far behind in this blog writing, I'll try and get all caught up. Let's see I left off about seeing Marty in his Playbill, which I said was corny but fun. While Dave was taking pictures I was talking to the Judge and watching the play with him. Marty said, I don't care what the judge says to you I'm still not voting for him. I don't know if I mentioned in the last blog, and I'm to lazy to look it up but before we had gotten to Marty's there was the Elkton Umpqua parade. I heard there were 45 people in the parade and 35 of them were politicians and they had booths there too along with the crafts ect. By the way, Dave posted some pictures of the play on our website, just go to photo album and click on September pictures, I believe. www.altonsystems.com
After the play they had a band there to listen to and dance to, which a lot of people did dance. Hanging around with the winery people kept the wine flowing, it was fun. Sunday morning we went by Marty's restaraunt for breakfast before heading out back to Harrisburg. Damn, Marty is a great cook, the Marty omelet was fabulous. After we left we stopped at Costco for gas $2.79 boy has it gone down, we made a few more stops got back to the coach in the afternoon. At happy hour that night we found out that everyone decided to have a potluck on Monday because of the Holiday. One couple, Pat and Don, were going to leave on Monday but decided they wanted to be there for the party. We ended up using the big tent Monaco has set-up here and used there big BBQ. Everyone brought their own meat they wanted to eat and they all took turns cooking we had a big variety of salads and baked beans, it was fun.
Tuesday, we called over to the shop and they said only 1 part came in so don't bother bringing the rig over call back tomorrow and see if the other parts came in. Since the yearly maintenance work needed to be done Dave, Valley and I drove over to Coburg to a TA Station to have all the work done. After 3 hours and $600.00 we finally got to go back to camp Monaco, we had the maintenance done, refueled and got propane. I made lunch in the coach for us because we couldn't afford to go out after that.
Wednesday we called and ended up taking the coach over about 10 a.m. but of course all the parts weren't in yet but they could work on what they did have. Monaco had another potluck for all of us at Camp Monaco again, I guess they do this every Wednesday. Wednesday night after happy hour we went out to dinner, mexican food, with a new couple that had shown up a few days earlier. Lee and Vicki, another young couple, Lee is 57 and Vicki is 49 and they went fulltime in June too but a couple days before us. I almost lost my youngest status, that was close. Thursday morning after they took Lee's rig, he and Vicki came over to our coach to visit and check their emails from my computer. While there we got to talking about the Rally that is being held this month in Salem Oregon, it's the 18th thru the 21st. Everyone keeps saying if you haven't been you should really go, so I decided that we should, Dave was easy to talk into it. So our trip plans have changed again, we will be at Marty's for a week then go to the Rally and after that we will start our drive to New Mexico. Our reservations in New Mexico isn't until October 1st so we will have a week and a half to kill so will be looking into where we will be staying, will let you all know when we know. That's one good thing about being homeless, you can just pick up and leave or change your plans at a drop of a pin.
Thursday they finished fixing the awning over the passenger door and one more part will be here on Friday morning, will see since this is Friday morning. Either way we are out of here, they said they will have repair guys at the Rally so if the part isn't here this A.M. they will bring it to the Rally and fix it there.
I think that's about it for now, I believe I'm all caught up. If I think of something that I left out I will post it on the next blog.

No comments: