Thursday, September 28, 2006

Thursday afternoon, September 28, 2006. This morning I took Valley for a long walk while Dave had his business calls. About 10:30 he was done so we drove out to the Moab Airport to watch the Skydivers. We got to see a few but since today is the 1st day of the festival not many people have gotten here yet. They said we should probably come back tomorrow and remember to bring chairs with us to sit on because it's out on the dirt where you have to watch from. We decided that was a good idea so we left and drove to Canyonlands National Park. When we stopped at the Rangers office we finally find out the rules for "National Parks" "NO DOGS" in National Parks, State Parks, National forests ect. dogs are aloud at. We drove thru the park anyway and got out at Mesa Arch to take some pictures. It was only a mile round trip walk so we just left Valley in the car with the windows down and a bowl of water. When we had left the Rangers station Dave had mentioned he didn't feel good but he still wanted to go on. Well after that mile walk he was burning up and freezing so it sounds to me like the flu. We ended up driving back to the coach and he went straight to bed. Me I'm now sitting here writing my blog. Today at 4:45 we are suppose to have a pedicure, I hope he is feeling better by then.
Anyway, yesterday I wrote in the blog and made a nail appointment for me. Then I got on the phone and made reservations for the "Canyonlands by Night" dinner and boat cruise. After my nails Valley and I walked around, Dave was still working either on work stuff or website stuff. Before we left for the dinner show we laid around outside and read books. The weather here is just perfect like I mentioned before, it's been between 80 and 86 degrees.
The dinner was great, we got to talking to the people around us so that was nice, the boat ride was very interesting. Thank goodness they had told me on the phone to wear long pants and bring a jacket because it was freezing. It might be 86 during the day but once 7:30 pm hits and the sun goes behind the hills it cools down in a hurry. The boat ride is about 2 hrs long, a bit to long for us when it's that cold, they put on a tape with music that explains the history and light up the sides of the hills, it was very pretty. We got back a little after 9 pm. and that damn Valley hadn't turned on the heat for us, Dave was not a happy camper. ha ha
enough of this blog, time to start on the Rally and this time I mean it!!

No comments: