Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Happy Belated Birthday to my brother, Mike

61 years young, Happy Birthday, Bro. One Day Late!!
Follow up from the last blog, the farmer's market was just as strange as the last time, it was very hot still at 5pm. The band was setting up and people started setting up their seats to sit and listen to them. They were selling home grown stuff like little heads of lettuce, diff. veg. they also had wood built products, and Tye dye shirts. We stopped at one booth and the lady was spinning wool, which she had gotten from her Alpaca's. As she was talking to another couple we listened in and she said the person that was helping her was her best boy. Well, this best boy had arm pits you could braid the hair, legs were very hairy and when it turned around it was wearing a bra and had boobs. Best Boy???? It(he/she) was covered in tattoos and was wearing the pants down to the knees with the long shirt, you know the guys you see now with that if their shirts weren't long enough their ass crack would be hanging out. Dave decided that with all the girls/ladies that we saw, I now need some tattoo's if I want to fit in here. The guys aren't covered in tats but the females are, so now I need to decide on what I want and how many. (JUST KIDDING)
This weekend I cleaned the bathrooms, vacuumed the house and dusted the place. Boy, now I know why I had a maid in Simi. It wasn't bad in the motor home, although I didn't do the bathroom or floors. One thing that is good, after living in the motor home for 3 years you got use to making the bed every time you got up and when you took a shower you wiped down the shower. I decided when we moved back into the house we would keep up the same routine which has really helped with shower/bathroom cleaning.

Sunday we went garage sale browsing again, we found an estate sale and got a paper shredder and file cabinet (government style 2 drawer) for 1 dollar each. Believe it or not they both work, great. Discovered if you go to an estate sale on the last day they will wheel and deal on anything.

Today was the doctor appointment for my knee. They took their own x-rays and this doctor said I do have some arthritis, he believes I have a torn meniscus, like the Bakersfield doctor said, he doesn't think I need surgery yet(and either did the Bakersfield Doctor) He believes I just need physical therapy, which I will be starting. We still are going to do an MRI, our decision, because we are leaving in a month and just want to really check things out. After leaving the doctor's he gave me a prescription for an MRI, which is scheduled for this Friday, and a prescription for physical therapy. The physical therapy place said I couldn't get in until next Monday, but they would call if they had a cancellation.
Dave and I left and went looking at the Polaris Ranger's, off roading vehicles. We drove in the Polaris Ranger 700 together around the place, what fun, then Dave drove the Kawasaki, lower grade, which was very noisy.
The Ranger had the off road stuff we would like to do, plus had a small pick up bed that we could haul stuff in. Pipe dream right now for us, maybe in the future, although they had a six passenger, used 2008, on sale for 8K. Can't really do it right now because we are going to be heading out on the road again, plus just can't afford it right now.

When we were getting ready to leave after looking at the Polaris's I got a call from the Physical Therapist, they could see me now so we went there right away. I was there about 1 1/2 hours going through my evaluation and then was sent home with exercises to do. I now am going to see my new Therapist 3 days a week, starting tomorrow. Chas believes I have a torn meniscus too but not bad enough for surgery yet, so seeing him will hopefully help me get my knee back in shape.

One quick update on Madison, Kim will follow up on her blog but Madison has another tooth coming in, thank goodness Kim isn't breast feeding, the kid is only 1 years old and has 7 teeth.

I have a jigsaw puzzle on my kitchen table now, haven't done one of those for years, boy is it fun and keeps the mind active.

No comments: