Sunday, January 25, 2009

Back in Bakersfield

We got back into Bakersfield Wednesday afternoon, I drove part of the way so I hadn't forgotten how to drive. Quartzsite was fun, wouldn't mind doing that again but need a lot more time to see all around the town, 3 days just wasn't enough. In Quartzsite the weather was in the 70's so I could walk around in shorts and tank top, we get back to Bakersfield and the weather is shit. Rainy, foggy and cold ugh!
Kim had to call and wake me up Thursday morning because Danny is back in school again so I'm back to long, sometimes very long, days babysitting. 6:15am to 7:45pm that's long for an old lady like me, ha ha. Madison is going thru some changes and she isn't always her happy self like she use to be. Kim had said she had a bad time on Wednesday with her but Thursday worked out OK for me, she starts fusing and throwing a fit and I just start laughing at her. She thinks someone else is in the house when I do that and she starts looking around to see who is laughing at her, it's too funny, but she stops fussing so whatever works. I thought I felt some bottom teeth and thought I saw white too so when Kim got home we tried to look for ourselves and yep, those 2 bottom teeth are coming in. When she went to the doctors last the doctor said she is still under weight and needs to gain more, but if that kid doesn't want to eat there is no way you can force her. (a month ago Kim accused me of feeding her too much cereal and was going to make her obese, see Nana knows best, ha!) She eats oatmeal in the morning, a whole package of vegetables at lunch and dinner and bottles in between. We maybe get, on a good day, 20 oz. of formula but most times it's like 17oz and the doctor says she should be having like 26 to 30 ounces, so we are all trying. Danny and I took her to the doctor's on Friday, she has some dry skin patches and they wanted them checked out, turns out it is eczema so they got a prescription for some lotion, no big deal but she had gained a pound.

Saturday we went and got a carpet cleaner again, forgot to mention earlier, the Friday before we left, for Quartzsite, Dave flooded the coach again. Remember when he was rinsing the black tank last time, it was on it's 3rd rinse, so when he flooded the coach it wasn't that big of deal. Well, this time I don't believe it was on the 3rd rinse and he really flooded it this time, it took days to dry and left a white film mark where it flooded to. Needless to say it was carpet cleaning time, again, then we took the machine over to Kim and Danny's to let Danny use it to clean their couch. It ended up Danny cleaning the couch, Dave steam cleaning the floors, we had purchased a floor steam cleaner at Quartzsite, I watched Madison. Kim came home from work early and we all ended up cleaning some part of the house, hadn't planned on it but that's the way it goes. Madison even managed to take a nap even with all that noise going on. Kim even said if she knew we were all going to be cleaning she would have stayed at work, she just wanted to come home and relax.
That's it for now.

No comments: