Monday, January 12, 2009

Time for an update.
Well, we are still here in Bakersfield, freezing with no sunshine most of the time. I even asked Dave the other day why is everything seem to be turning green, the cement walls around the RV Park, the sidewalks, ect. and he said it is moss. It has been so cold, foggy, rainy and just overall wet all the time that moss is growing everywhere. Great, Bakersfield doesn't have the best air quality anyway, we have Valley Fever here, now I'm sure we will have something like Moss Fever a new kind of spor. With no sunshine it really is very depressing, on the really dark days you just don't have any energy, you just want to cuddle up with a blanket by a fire, oh yea, we have NO BURN days, which means you can't even light your fire place, not like we have one anyway, but Kim does.
Just the other day I was talking to my Aunt Evelynn from St. George Utah and she was even saying how bad the weather is there too. She also misses the sunny days, but as I was talking to her I was rubbing my chin and, OH NO, I think I have grown a goatee. Then I remembered since the sun hasn't been out I haven't been able to pluck the hairs off my chin in the sunlight, like I was always doing every few days. Why in the Hell hasn't Dave, Kim, Danny or Madison told me I have a goatee now???? I was wondering why Madison was always reaching for my chin, like she does Grandpa's mustache. I was telling Aunt Evelynn about my chin and we were laughing so much we both had tears in our eyes. Needless to say I asked Kim to give my lip, chin, and lower neck a wax job this Wednesday. Wouldn't you know it today, as I'm writing the sun is coming out and Kim justed called and she got called into work, so Dave and I have to run over there. Damn, I'm still in my gym clothes, haven't taken a shower yet, oh well, that's what happens to you when your on call. Besides there isn't enough time today to pluck even if I wanted to, the sun would go down by the time I finished my upper lip.
Enough of that. The only other real news I have to report is Dave got a job. He is now a Camp Host at the RV Resort we are staying at. He works Thursday and Friday and probably one weekend a month. He gets $8.00 an hour for sitting around filling propane tanks when needed and watching people come in and dump their tanks on their way home. Hey, it's mostly guys that do the propane and dumping so he makes small talk with them, and this way he isn't sitting around, with me, bored to death while I'm babysitting. He can work on the websites he manages and the park calls him when they need him. It saves us about $500 a month on rent, sounds good to me.
This Saturday, January 17th we are going to take off to Quartz side Arizona and Boone dock, I think that's what they call it. Every year they have a monster RV Show and thousands of rigs show up and dry camp, most of them. We are going to meet up with a group of RV'ers that Dave blogs with on the computer. Should be fun, I just hate dry camping. We are also talking about getting back on the road again, at least for a couple months this summer, of course after Miss Madison's 1st birthday. Haven't told Kim and Danny yet, so don't say anything.
I think that's about it now, bowling is going OK, just got to get back into the swing of things.

No comments: