Thursday, November 20, 2008

Update Time

Sorry, it's been awhile since I've updated the blog, but been busy, bummed and just not in the mood.

Bummed because of the Prop. 8 thing, when Dave and I 1st got married and would talk about the voting stuff he would tell me I had no right to make a comment unless I registered to vote. I did get registered many years ago and the thing that upsets me is why do we vote for or against a proposition if the courts can turn around and change what the majority of the people voted for, no matter which way. I believe what most people fight about is the word "marriage" who the hell cares, if you want to protest just find another word instead of "marriage" that everyone will go for. If the protesters would come up with something and work on the people that fight the word "marriage", and that means talking not attacking, that's what hurts them most. The USA needs to still work on things , look we have the 1st African American as President Elect, next is the gay community, but talk don't fight please! "Can't we all get along?"



OK I feel better getting that off my chest, but I do hope it all works out in the end for everyone.



Miss Madison is punishing me for taking off a week, she hasn't been the sweet little thing like she was before we left for St. George Utah. When you have those days where she is grumpy boy am I exhausted when my duties are over. When I had to do this full time before I was 25/26 and I know it was a lot easier then, at 50 it's a little harder. Although, Danny does give me credit for being able to hold Madison in my right arm and feed her a bottle, while standing, because she is so long and getting pretty heavy, but that's probably why my shoulders are killing me. She is now sleeping in her crib all night, I believe Kim and Danny started it a week ago and she is doing good. Kim isn't doing so good because she keeps waking up to look at the monitor, it will become easier, sweety, I promise.

On the Friday after we got back, Nov. 14th, Dave went down to Simi and got to visit with Alex, a friend of ours, then went and spent the night with David Jr. Saturday they drove up to Phoenix to pick up a few things and visit with Jeff. It was just a short trip and Dave was back in Bakersfield on Sunday by 4pm. Luckily Kim fixed dinner that night for all of us because Dave was exhausted from the long drive and short visit, things you do for your kids, as we all know.

Dave and I have still managed to get in the Pickle Ball thing, when I'm not baby sitting, and he is now beating me, every once in a while, don't want his head to swell.



One thing I thought was funny, I was looking thru my blogs and last June is when Valley went to the vets and they wanted to do an MRI and we said NO WAY can't afford 2K so I said she would be put down in a couple weeks, well guess what, Valley is still with us. Dave took her to the vet the other day to have a check up and they said they still want to do an MRI to see if she has a tumor in her nose and we still said NO WAY. Love the dog to death, she turned 12 last week, but it is getting harder and harder to live with her, luckily she stays with Kim and Danny more now, Thank You for that.



That's the update for now, Christmas this year is Kids only, the stock market is killing us, plus, it should be only for kids anyway.

Kim works Thanksgiving and Christmas so this year is really going to be an eye opener for this family clan, Marisa gone, Kim working, Trini in Colorado for xmas, families move on and make new traditions, sad but true, it will all work out.

No comments: