Tuesday, May 06, 2008

SOMETHING I THINK DAVE WON'T DO AGAIN

We have landed again in Acton, instead of Banning. Where the 395 and the 14 fwy meet it was still 200 miles to Banning and only 80 miles to where we had to be in 4 days, so it was much cheaper to stay closer to where we had to be on Thursday.

Once we got to this RV Park, which is very nice, we unhooked the tow car and Dave followed the person to the site we were going to be on. Dave was pulling in and I pulled the car into the next site, well, I look up and can see he is going to take out the electrical hookup and this stupid broad is just looking at the box and the coach with her shoulders hunched up. I jump out of the car and yell for him to stop, which he did thank goodness, if not he would have dented his side of the coach not my side for once. :)
As he is slowing getting himself out of the mess the front tire goes off the cement slab and I heard a loud pop, honest it sounded just like the tire popped but it hadn’t. We got backed up then lined up again and managed to get ourselves parked in this not very wide cement slab.
By the way, before we had left Bishop, that morning, Dave had dumped the gray and the black tanks, as he always does. While we were driving and made a rest stop, I had pushed the black tank button to see what it said and it popped up with 50% full. I asked Dave if he had dumped both tanks and he said “yes” and I told him what the black showed and he said “oh, it has shit on the sides, no big deal” NO SHIT IT HAS SHIT ON THE SIDES” That’s why it’s called a black tank, duh.
OK, back to getting set up in Acton, that last thing I just wrote is important to the story. When Dave puts the hose in the sewer line he ask me if the black still reads 50% and I say “yes” so he dumps it again. After that he decides to rinse the black tank out, which what you need to do is fill it to the top with water and then drain it again. He closes off the black tank and starts filling it, to help it along he puts the toilet brush down the toilet to hold open the opening so water fills from the fresh water holding tank too into the black tank. We get everything else set-up then he sits at his computer and calls David Jr., I’m sitting at the table behind him sewing a button on some shorts. He and David gossip, talk shop, gossip more ect. He finishes the phone call and starts to tell me about it, I go to get up because I had finished sewing and I step in a pool of water. I say what the hell, I’m thinking its my washer because I had started a load of laundry, Dave screams OH SHIT, then I realize it wasn’t the washer. I go running to the back, take the brush out of the toilet and started grabbing towels; Dave went running outside to shut the outside water off. Talk about a mess, we still have the fans drying the carpet and the rugs hanging outside trying to get them dry. We had the rugs out all night and probably would have been dry, but the RV Park’s sprinklers came on a wet them again. Luckily it didn’t get the carpet in the bedroom just under the refrig and at the front of the table. After we got the floors dry, Dave got out the pinesol and washed the floors then took all the towels to the laundry room and got that all cleaned again.
Best thing of all, after all of that the BLACK TANK READING IS NOW 0% where it should have been in the beginning, no more shit on the sides, I guess!

1 comment:

marisa said...

I so wish there was a hidden camera somewhere in the RV so we could all witness the mishaps of the Altons. I can understand why my dad loves reading these types of blog entries. Good stuff!