Sunday, May 11, 2008

HAPPY MAMA'S DAY, AND QUICK UPDATE

Quick update of what’s been going on, which hasn’t been much. Yesterday while walking early in the morning, I believe I saw a mountain lion. I’m walking towards where the horse stable and ghost town are, and I’m looking at this large tree that has bent in half and growing towards the ground I’m walking and staring at it and right underneath it is this rather large animal laying there looking at me. I stopped dead in my tracks and just kept looking at it, it wasn’t a coyote and it wasn’t a bobcat, way too big for a bobcat. I looked behind me and there were two park employees going into the storage area right behind the family pool. I turned and walked over to them and asked what kind of wild life they had around here, and one of them said all kinds of animals. I pointed to where the cat was I saw and he asked if it was a bobcat, I said NO WAY too big. He then said that some mountain lions have been spotted and then we saw it moving. He said it was waiting for small animals to attack which he said it looks like it just caught something. He advised me not to walk out on the trail by myself because sometimes they will attack people if they are all alone, needless to say I went back the other way. Damn, I didn’t have my camera with me for once.
When I got back from walking, Dave and I went and played pickle ball, and a guy was driving by and asked if we would be around in the afternoon, we said yes and set a time of 2pm to meet him and his wife to play pickle ball. We got together at 2 and played till 4, we kept switching partners so that adds to the fun of the game.
Between riding bikes, walking, pickle ball and the Wii game, I have some really sore muscles. Haven’t got to do these workouts since we left Bakersfield, man it sucks getting old, I sure am feeling everything now, but I’m not going to slow down. Plus, I have gotten some bug bites, the ones on the arms aren’t that bad but the ones on the backside of my toes really itch.

Mother’s day, I went walking this morning, with my camera and walking stick, looking for the mountain lion (if that’s what it was) again, no luck today. After walking, the restaurant here at 1000 Trails was having a free pancake breakfast for all mothers so we walked over to that. We stood in line for 25 min. got seated and waited another 10 min. for service and then another 30 min. to get my 2 pancakes and Dave’s 2 eggs and bacon. He never even got his toast, I’m not a big pancake lover so we had planned on sharing anyway, so I gave him one of the pancakes and he gave me some bacon. Wasn’t much of a breakfast but, hey, you can’t knock free, I’m all for free these days. After that we headed for Lowes and Wal-Mart, breakfast didn’t cost much so we needed to go somewhere we could spend money.
This afternoon we played pickle ball, the couple we played with yesterday had to leave this morning, so we were back one on one. The wind was really blowing, which made it really hard to play, so we quit after about an hour, if that long. While riding our bikes back, I went up one lane and Dave went up the other and as I turned the corner coming towards our coach I see Dave go down on his bike. I see the bike falling over and Dave rolling, it was kind of like in slow motion, I thought he was faking it, I should know better. I ride up and ask “what the hell are you doing”, like I said I thought he was faking it, I saw the blood coming out on both arms and he was holding his right hand, OH NO! Luckily he only sprained his baby finger and the blood was just little scratches. I told him if he didn’t want to play pickle ball anymore all he had to do was say so, he didn’t have to hurt himself.
Anyway, that’s my little recap, sorry it wasn’t so little. Dave has iced his finger and taped it to the next finger, he is having a gin martini and cooking dinner now so I guess Mother’s Day wasn’t a total loss, breakfast wasn’t great but I know dinner will be great.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day Jeri. - Kelli

marisa said...

With the injuries you guys sustain, I think Nurse Kim needs to be with you at all times. That is if she's not acting as our personal nurse. Aging does suck. Shawn and I are starting to feel this way already and from your stories it sounds like it only gets worst. Just great!