Saturday, January 12, 2008

OK, the body is a little sore today, mainly the lower back. Dave's shoulders, knees, and back are hurting him. Yesterday afternoon Dave went on a bike ride with me and it was a little over a mile but up hill all the way. Just getting over the hill in 1000 trails he just about quit on me, believe me it was a tough ride. I had done the ride the day before and I thought for sure he wouldn't make it, but he did. He knows all about switching the gears on the bikes and he had gone down to the lowest ones, but I'm stupid and hadn't known that the lower gears make it easier to peddle, so needless to say I was really working the 1st day. At least it was down hill all the way back, then we stopped and checked out pickle ball equipment, which is 2 paddles and a waffle ball. We watched them play in Orlando so we decided to try and play it, Woody, a guy who was sitting in the lodge said he would teach us how to play. It's like tennis but you play with paddles and a plastic ball. Woody went home to get his paddle so Dave and I went out and started hitting the ball. One time Dave went running for the ball, swung and missed then stepped on the ball by accident, game done, crushed ball. Then he remembered that if you put the plastic ball in hot water it regains it shape again. Woody came back and started teaching us, then it was Woody and Dave against me, then Dave's knee and shoulder were hurting so he said that Woody and I should play a game. Before we started and were just practicing I couldn't get a serve in, if my life depended on it, but once Woody and I started playing, game on. I ended up winning the game 11 to 7, it was fun, Woody and his friend travel around and get in competitions when ever they can so I felt pretty good that I beat him.
I also got over 9 miles of walking in, pretty good day, so I don't mind being sore.

No comments: